We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ok crazy airplane question

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ok crazy airplane question

When I am onboard the plane I often see people watching movies on their ipads, phones and laptops etc. I do not fly often and I am not very techy. I have a kindle fire and a new Galaxy S3 phone as far as I can figure I can pay about 10$ for a movie to be downloaded to my kindle fire and watch it on the plane but I can not figure out how to do it for free on my phone with xfinity movies> Am I missing something?

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

The movies I have loaded on my iPod I have either purchased through iTunes or copied from my DVDs.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

ok so purchasing on my kindle fire is probably the way to go.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

yep

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

I wonder if we will ever be all caught up on all this tech stuff LOL

Texas
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

Too late for me javy. I can't even go to the bathroom without my iPhone. Pathetic.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

Is that a single ply iPhone?

;)

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
686 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

Alan, you should start a secret Facebook page so the special members that you send IMs to can go there and talk about iPhones; Do you Single Ply or Double Down? And the kids, of course.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

I tried that "polite" alternative Facebook page. You can't even use the words "tunnel" or "tipping"." It kicks you right off. You can't use the word "children" - you have to write c------n. Boring as hell.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
686 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

Alan, you have the devil number for your post count. You should stop here and make a new screen name. Keep the evil alive!

Kennewick...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ok crazy airplane question

Javyjoy...you don't have to purchase the movie on your Kindle Fire, you can also rent a movie for 48 hours. They have changed their policies and now the rental period doesn't start until you watch the movie. You just download the movie before you leave (it takes awhile!) and then it's ready to go when you're on the plane.