We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best time to go?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best time to go?

We want to go for 4 nights. Sunday-Thursday? Monday to Friday? Tuesday to Saturday etc. What in your opinon is the best time to fly in and out of Vegas for price and busy wise. we plan on going in September.

Benbrook, Texas
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best time to go?

I would choose Sunday - Thursday first, the Monday - Friday.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,337 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best time to go?

Check the $. Sunday -Thursday not as crowded. Gets crowded over the weekend. $ more on Friday and Saturday.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best time to go?

Generally Fri/Sat nights will be the most expensive, or at least consistently expensive.

Beyond that, check the hotel prices for where you're interested in staying. Individual hotel rates can be swayed by large-ish conventions and/or sporting events, either in the hotel or nearby.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best time to go?

S-T and M-F gets you the best hotel rates. M-F will get you better airfare than S-T. Since we have to conserve vacation days we go over weekends but if that wasnt a issue i would probably go M-F

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
24,529 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best time to go?

I only go on weekends. I try not to take time off, maybe r just a day here or there for a trip to Las Vegas.

I also like the weekend vibe better. Weekdays are much slower, an older crowd. Many people here like that better, I don't. You can also get rooms for pennies on the dollar during the week.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best time to go?

I was thinking from Sunday to Thursday but wanted to get other opinons and experiences. I am thinking I like the idea of getting there Sunday afternoon and departing Thursday Morning. We will see what I can get

Canada
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best time to go?

If you're under 40, you definitely want to do Friday-Monday.

Goodbeer is right when he writes that weekends have a vibe that weekdays don't have. If you don't go often, go when the city has energy.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best time to go?

Personally, I prefer Saturday-Wednesday. That way, you get a little of the busy weekend vibe along with the deserted ghost-town vibe during the week. I am not much for crowds, but the tables seem to be so much better on the weekends when there are more people and there are more tables open to choose from.

Also, this helps with the rental car since most of the offers require a Saturday night keep.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best time to go?

as i get older I go whenever i pass a Men's room just to be on the safe side!

GO BUC'S
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best time to go?

if you go Sun -thur... Thur nite , can give you a little taste of what the weekend is like ..imo

if you try you stay cheap off strip on a Sat , then Book a better room Sun _ Thur ..