We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phantom of the Opera Tickets

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Phantom of the Opera Tickets

Since I'm cheap, my wife wants to go to this show and I don't want to get tickets. We're heading out on June 16th and returning on the 19th. Last time we got tickets, we went to one of those kiosks around town and got them there discounted.

Is this a popular show, or is this one we can get 2 for 1 tickets or whatever on? We won't be staying at the Venician.

Level Contributor
3,512 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

On my last Vegas trip this past January, I took an old friend who was a Vegas virgin. When I took him to the Venetian players club desk to sign him up for his players club card, the person behind the desk gave him two free tickets to this show. Neither of us really cared for the show (our wives would have loved it if there were there), but it was free. They told us that they are usually given 20-30 tickets per show to give away at their discretion. Before buying tickets, you may want to go the players club desk and politely ask if they have any tickets to give away. It can't hurt.

The tickets were for seats near the back, but the theater itself is pretty small. I would guess the theater was between 2/3 and 3/4 full for that show.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

Thanks. That was the info I was looking for. I don't see spending $150/ticket when they have to give them away to fill it up.

Level Contributor
3,512 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

The tickets were for a 7pm weeknight showing, if that makes any difference.

It can't hurt to ask. If they say no, you can still try Tix-4-Tonight for discount tickets.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
438 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

Yeah, I think she's looking at the 7:30 or 9:30 Monday shows.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,806 posts
5,813 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

I went earlier this year. What I did was to show up about 10 minutes before show time; bought the least expensive ticket in the house; and then entered the theater. There was nobody there so they were upgrading everyone. I ended up in the most expensive seat in the house; 10 rows from the stage in the smack dab middle of the theater directly under the chandelier (sped up my heart when the chandelier did the "almost crash" into my seat plunge as part of the show.)

I have seen Phantom 3 times - once in Toronto (very good); once in San Jose (terrible and pathetic) and in Las Vegas (also very good). At the show in Vegas they go over the top on staging, costumes, and number of actors involved. I would let your wife go to the show as its an excellent show.....

I cannot guarantee of course you will have the same small crowd we did - but we went on a Monday night first show.

6. Re: Phantom of the Opera Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:15