We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving the host crazy.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving the host crazy.

I was booked for four nights comped in a GO room at Flamingo. Two months after confirming, I moved to Paris. Now, two months later, I moved to Caesars to take advantage of a food credit. (Pretty sure that im driving her up a wall, but she says "no.")

Anyone else battle with similar indecisiveness?

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving the host crazy.

A nice bottle of wine upon arrival will do well as a "sorry for driving you nuts" gift.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving the host crazy.

Looks like you have upgraded on every move. I’m sure they work a lot harder for the high rollers, so what you are doing is no big deal. It’s nice that you seem to appreciate the work they do.

Novato
Level Contributor
145 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving the host crazy.

I'm sure they deal with a lot more than what you presented. Just make sure to have a nice gift for them when you arrive or during the holidays to show your appreciation.

vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving the host crazy.

i never had the luck or honor to get a comp or even work with a host...the last time i checked upon checking out of MIRAGE, the clerk told me i can apply my credit to the room bill if i wanted to. needless to say, i was overjoyed and beside myself as i knew i gambled somewhat but never did i imagine i had some "freebie". little did i know it was a $.80 credit from all my high gambling at the mirage! the clerk did not laugh and gladly applied the credit to my hotel bill.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving the host crazy.

I changed the dates and number of nights that I needed three times on my last trip that I booked through my host at the V/P. It's their job and I wouldn't worry too much about it. Gives them something to do lol.

canada
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving the host crazy.

like goldengreeke posted its their job to accomodate you if you decide to change dates i have many a time changed dates with my host from hotel and dining with no problem

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving the host crazy.

considering what some host have to deal with i dont think changing res or props is that bad.

I tend to get a bit ocd befor a trip so i may email my host too often and write way too long an email?

but she knows all to well what makes us happy, nice room, same tower,limo to and from airport and since we dont go overboard on dining the biggest charges to our room is probably the sometimes 2 bottles of booze we charge to our room so covering our bill is not that hard.

where we do almost always drive her niuts is our bad timing.

we normally fly using atleast 1 companion ticket with us air out of charlotte nc, those flights are always booked so early so we book way in advance of the offers from cet.

seems theres always some very nice offer of $750 or more in either shopping or slot play all around our trip except for the actual dates we are going, so she has been very good asbout getting the same amount of slot play or gift cards approved for me as a host comp anyway,I know that takes some work but we always bring her something for her trouble and it seems my play must warrent her extra work because she has come thru every time. she is the best!

london
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving the host crazy.

do hosts take gifts?

I've tried to give a bottle of booze,tie etc to different hosts but been knocked back.

any thoughts?

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driving the host crazy.

accepting gifts has some gray area.

supposedly theres a $50 limit????????????

some ppl who have a host that opens up a bit and lets you know some likes/dislikes may allow you to gift them something more personal?

love our host to death,yet she never mentions family ect ect so we usually just buy her a gift card.

and who will say a bill slipped in his /her hand during a handshake would be turned away. some as yourself like to offer something from there home country?

and its really up to you, dont know exactly how they are compensated but if they booked your trip then id say your play definetly comes into play depending on what level a host they are,some are sales host who have a reservation quota,some are higher up and only handle players of a certail amount of play.

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving the host crazy.

I gave my host a giftcard last Nov as a Christmas gift with no problem......Rather than for a particular store, it was a mastercard gift with a fairly substantial dollar amount so she could choose where to spend it. But I don't get her a gift for each of my 4-5 visits year. I have heard many hosts will accept tokens of appreciation, but I'm sure many decline, as well.