We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

I have been reading all of the GC reviews on here and they have been very helpful in deterring me from going to the West Rim. However, my husband and I will only be in Vegas for 3 days. One of those days I would really like to visit the Grand Canyon. Ideally we would like to take a PLANE not a helicopter to the South Rim and then be bussed around for a bit to the best viewing sites. My problem is I can't seem to find the companies that do this..Are there are any??Thanks in advance for any help that you guys can be to me!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
16,987 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

Try Maverick Airlines or Scenic Airlines.

There are tons of booking agencies in Vegas that will sell you a trip, but they are middlemen.Only a handful of companies do the actual flying.

Texas
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

we used scenic airlines scenic.com and were happy with their tour and service. they picked us up right at our hotel. shuttled us to the small airport, we flew in the park, took a tour bus, ate, toured etc....and then back. it was a great day and the best way to see alot in shortest amount of time.

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

There are actually three companies who provide Las Vegas Grand Canyon tour service to the South Rim:

Scenic/Grand Canyon Airlines (out of the Boulder City Airport),

Maverick Airlines (out of Henderson)

Vision Airlines (out of North Las Vegas)

Pricewise and logistically, their programs will be quite similar to one another: ~8 hours hotel to hotel with about 3 hours' touring at the South Rim or the option to substitute some of your rim touring time with a 30-minute helicopter flight across the canyon. Description of Scenic's upgraded tour ->: bit.ly/A1QB7S The main differences between the three companies is in the types of airplanes they use.

Scenic/GCA conducts their tours in deHavilland Twin Otters, which seat up to 18 people; Maverick uses Beechcraft 1900's, also an 18-seater; and Vision Holidays operates Dorniers with 18- and 30- seat configurations.

As Dez40 alluded to, booking directly with the tour companies in advance tends to get you the best prices. Booking agencies are out there (lots of them) whose prices can vary quite widely. It depends on the amount of business they do with their preferred companies. The more bookings they do, the better rates they can offer. Groupon and DestinationCoupons are websites worth checking out as well.

Also, Scenic/GCA is now a subsidiary of the Papillon Airways group, so you can also book their tour products via papillon.com

Hope that helps.

Edited: 06 June 2012, 20:56
NJ
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

Thank you so much for the detailed info! that helps sooo much!!!

Evanston, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Page, Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

bump by request

6. Re: Grand Canyon for Vegas by air to South Rim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:15