We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My biggest concern

kingston Ont
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Topic
My biggest concern

This may sound bad to some of you. I'm only there for four nights and want to have Fun, drink LOTS, but don't want to waste a whole day being hung over. Does anyone have any remedies to prevent hang overs????

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,565 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,032 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My biggest concern

Get a few bottles of water and Gatorade, plus a bottle of ibuprofen. Before you pass out drink a bunch of water and Gatorade along with 4 ibuprofen.

Works for me.

Daydream Island...
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My biggest concern

yeah..... take a fire extinguisher and drop on your bare foot a couple times and your head will be the least of your worries. don't worry...be hobbled.

Edited: 09 June 2012, 01:34
Oregon
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My biggest concern

Seriously, drink a bottle of water between every round or two. Always drink lots of water before you sleep even if you have to get up and go potty stay hydrated! I take bufferin before sleep too if I have had too much alcohol. But the main thing is drink lots of water during your drinking sessions. And of course, make sure you get food in your system too! Have fun!

Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My biggest concern

Here's my best tip, learned from experience. Start with two booze drinks, then alternate booze and water/soda. You won't notice the difference, you'll be happy and constantly drinking, but you won't be dehydrated and you wont be hung over!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My biggest concern

My good friend, who also happens to be a pharmacist, got me onto this: she told me to buy the little packets of powdered electrolytes you can buy in boxes of ten packs or so. Mix 2 of them in a glass of water before you go to bed and drink up, then chase that with a glass of water.

I put this to the test last March after my daughter's Vegas stagette. I consumed copious amounts of Everclear and knew I was not going to fare well the following day. I did the powdered electrolytes and water, went to bed, woke up 4 hours later amazed and raring to go, and I'm not in my 20's (or 30's) anymore :)

Pinehurst, North...
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My biggest concern

bloomview is dead on.....drink tons of water before you go to sleep (4 glasses plus)

las vegas
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My biggest concern

Optiliver pills from whole foods. It's their brand. I take them before a day of drinking and have never woke up with a headache. They have served me well on a few wine country trips.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
7,452 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My biggest concern

Not to be a party pooper, but remember that sometimes the remedy doesn't work and you still end up feeling like poop the next day. (plenty of trip reports on here will back that up) It's probably a good idea if you want to salvage the days to not spend ALL DAY drinking.

Do what everyone says and even have that Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast if you want, but don't sit at the pool with really strong drinks all day. Get your water by the pool. And when night comes, have at it.

Good Luck.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My biggest concern

Stay drunk.

I know... I amaze myself sometimes!

Cheers

Davy !!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
639 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My biggest concern

As others have said, keep drinking water while you are boozing. Alcohol and desert heat will dehydrate you way faster than you imagine. Especially be careful if you are drinking outside during the day.

In the morning, fresh fruit, OJ, Gatorade, a hearty breakfast, including fried potatoes or hash helps out, as does a good dip in the pool. If you need one, take a siesta. The nice thing about Vegas is that it's 24/7, so you can sleep at odd hours and not miss the fun.