We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor or Excalibur?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor or Excalibur?

Kids will be back in school so that's not an issue. Ex wide screen room or Luxor tower are the same price. Does the Luxor tower have flat screens? Which has most comfortable bed?

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

Yes, Luxor tower rooms have wide screens.

Excal has slightly better location; Luxor might be considered slightly better resort.

Do you have any other choices--you can probably find a nicer room more centrally located for a similar price. (you need to add nightly resort fees to their price)

Monte Carlo (also resort fees), Ballys, maybe even Flamingo (avoid lowest tier room) or Harrahs are all much more centrally located & are at least as "nice" if not a bit better than Luxor or Excal, imo. (tho some say Harrahs is noisy right now w/ nearby construction & could be for a while)

Sacramento
Level Contributor
125 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

The excalibur is pretty disgusting and i would avoid it at all costs, except possibly to play very low limit hold 'em poker ($1-3). I haven't been to the Luxor in a few years but it used to be nice, so for me it would be an easy decision to go there. I think the tower rooms are larger than the pyramid rooms. They also run lots of specials at http://deals.lasvegasadvisor.com/hotels

Level Contributor
3,513 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

If your choice is only between the two of them, I would chose ExCal. I have stayed at both.

As kbunde stated, with the $25 daily resort fees, you can find a better deals for similar quality hotels (with better locations) if you look at Harrah's, Flamingo, etc....

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

I love the Excalibur and the Luxor, although I've never actually stayed in the Luxor. Excalibur's widescreen rooms are really nice and modern and they do have flat screen TVs. Luxor's Tower rooms have widescreen TV's as well. Both of them have very nice, large pool areas with multiple pools and no matter which one you stay at it is really like getting 2 hotels in 1 (3 if you count Mandalay Bay). I guess the main difference would be that the Tower rooms at Luxor do have bathtubs where Excalibur just has large showers in place of the bathtub as well as Luxor's Pyramid room.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

Flamingo and Monte Carlo are too expensive. I want to avoid Harrahs because of the construction.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

I would vote Escal. only because I have stayed there and not at the Luxor yet. Always had a clean room and good service which is more important to me than a flat screen tv.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

The Ex wide screen rooms DO have a flat screen TV. :)

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

>> The excalibur is pretty disgusting and i would avoid it at all costs

Complete nonsense. The widescreen rooms are perfectly nice, the pool and gym and much nicer than you would expect. I'd happily stay at either if the price were right.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

Flamingo and Monte Carlo are too expensive--Flamingo is more even when you factor in resort fees? (Excal will charge you $15/day more & Luxor $18/day more--no optional)

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxor or Excalibur?

Yes, I did factor in resort fees. Luxor and Excalibur are still less than even a Flamingo Fab Luxury, let alone the Go Deluxe.