We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another southwest question- where on the plane?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
another southwest question- where on the plane?

Where are the plane do you prefer to sit? I know I like to be near a bathroom and the front of the plane on aisle. How are southwest flights arranged ? 3 and 3?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

Yes. 3 & 3.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

I don't know why but I always choose a seat on the right side next to the window over (or near) the wing. I think I'm the only idiot I know who can be happy looking out the window the whole trip on the way to Vegas. I never get tired of flying. Coming back I'm never picky about a seat.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 02:40
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

Flying from the east, my ideal seat is the window on the right side in row 8, immediately in front of the engine. Great view, the sun is on the other side of the aircraft and usually a good view of the strip on landing.

going home, the right side of the aircraft gives great views of the Grand Canyon area. It's spectacular around sunset. I'll often get a seat in the back behind the wing while flying home.

YMMV, if you aren't flying back to the upper midwest.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,274 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

Since SWA has al 737s, I avoid the first three rows since the seats are narrower because of the water the nose of the plane tapers inward.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

My favorite seat is the window seat on the left side of the plane right in front of the wings. I'm scared of flying, so this spot gives me stability of being on the wings, without looking out the window and seeing the end of the wings wobble in the wind (it's a little tough to take when you are scared of flying anyway). It makes me feel better to look out the window and you get a great unobstructed view in front of the wings. I also usually see the strip when we are flying in.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
140 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

Three and three. Restrooms front and back

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

Window on left as far front as possible (except first row without trays), both ways. Also quieter ahead of the engines, I think. I also enjoy flying very much and viewing out the window, especially when the filght is only about 2 1/2 hrs and I've got plenty of drink tickets. I don't drink on the way home as I have to drive home from the airport. But on the way up to LV.....rum and coke on the plane is the beginning of the unwinding:-)

Edited: 14 June 2012, 03:24
Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

has anyone bought the drink tickets off of ebay? Do they work okay?

Schertz, Texas
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

@Aubrav I've bought drink tickets from sellers on EBay several times......But don't buy/bid on those old ones that don't have an expiration date. Those things are no good as of Aug 2011.....I've heard some say that FAs have honored them, but I've not seen it done.......Could be the ones selling them who are saying that.

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: another southwest question- where on the plane?

....But don't buy/bid on those old ones that don't have an expiration date.

Agreed! Those are worthless.