We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

First: Spoiler Alert: no gambling info here. Liked playing the penny slots, but that was it.

Got in late, and fortunately the Carnagie Deli was open. It's the only place in the hotel open 24 hours. Had an omlet with home fries that was filling and tasty. Took out time getting settled in the next morning.

Lunch at Senor Frogs. Good food, but the music was very loud. Waitress and emcee were fun, tho. We had to pick up tickets for Mystere at TI, and that was really the only long line we experienced. A word about that show: The less expensive seats are better. The front seats are hard to see everything, which may be going on right above you.. And there's also a chance you might become part of the show. Amazing performances, tho. We sat in section 200 and had great seats.

Saw the sirens show afterwards. Fun.

Wednesday we took out Grand Canyon trip. Trayce from Grand Adventures was our guide. I really can't imagine being on a large tour bus for this type of trip. Trayce was fun and knowledgable. We met the gentleman in Seligman who was responsible for getting Route 66 its historical designation. The Canyon is everything you'd imagine and more. Watched the sunset from an amazing vantage point. Glad we did it. Great trip, but a long day.

This was our first time in Vegas. I really like the Mirage. Especially loved the way it smells. A lot has been written about the hotel scents in Vegas. Wish I could find that list I ran across a couple of weeks ago. Mirage smells like coconut. Venetian like fresh linen. Couldnt identify the scent at TI. Flamingo - nothing really, just very smoky.

Tried getting tickets at the discount ticket place at MC. Found the ones we wanted at about half price, although it was General Admission. I think it's a good place to get tickets to some of the smaller shows. Splurged for dinner at Julian Serrano at the Aria. This is probably one of the best values on the strip: Paella for 2 was $50 and it was awesome. Walked next door to Sage for desert and an Absynthe. I had wanted to try that, since it was recently legalized once again. The ritual of pouring the absynthe and making the dring in front of you is pretty cool. Sage does it very well. The desert was extremely different, but also well done. Very happy that we did that.

By Thursday night, the crowds started arriving, and by Friday the strip was teeming. That was by far the best part of the trip is that we stayed away from the weekend. Very enjoyable visit. And we left some things to go on our list for next time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
449 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Very nice tr. Glad you had a good time

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for the TR!

Boston...
Level Contributor
306 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Thanks for posting your TR. Would you stay at Mirage again?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,210 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Glad you had fun

Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Good TR squeek! This is the first I've heard about audience participation at Mystere. I'm going to go to that show but they'd better not pick me for some high wire act! :)

Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Absolutely!

Ohio
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

@ Alan: Best to get there early. Then you can be in on the fun. Watch for a gentleman who resembles Victor Borge and posing as an usher. People in the up close seats are in for it if they get picked on. Nothing dangerous, just slightly embarrasing, but fun. ;)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

That seems to be a hazard in close-up seats at a lot of Vegas shows...either you get humiliated or soaked to the bone.

GO BUC'S
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

very Cool,

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,081 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR - 6/11 - 6/16 Mirage

Las Vegas changes dramatically as the week goes on. Some love the crowds and vitality of the weekends, while others prefer the more laid-back weekdays. Fortunately you picked the right time for you, and now you will know for the future.

Thanks for the report.