We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LV Pools?

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
LV Pools?

Good Morning! I am trying to plan a trip for the end of March (I know it is a long way off) and just wanted to get some opinions/personal experiences. I know the weather can' be really "iffy" at that time of year and most of the strip hotels say they may possibly be closed through March. How many have been at this time of year and found that the pools were actually open and where were you staying? Any info would be appreciated!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,232 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LV Pools?

I have been at that time of year. The pools were open. But often it was still too cold to swim. I stayed at all kinds of different places. To a great extent, it doesn't matter what my experiences were in late March in 1997, or 2010, or various years in between...if you are hoping for decent pool weather and hanging by the pool is a big part of your plans, make your trip in late April or into May.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,818 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LV Pools?

I was there March 10th - 13th about 6 years ago, staying at Bellagio. The pools were open, but it definitely wasn't warm enough to use them. Admittedly there was a cold snap at the time but I needed to wear a fleece top outdoors and the weather was grey and windy, not sunny. I think it might even have rained a bit. And my flight to the grand canyon was cancelled three days in a row because of snow at the south rim. So you definitely can't count on pool weather that early in the year.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LV Pools?

This will give you some idea of which pools are open year round and which are seasonal. For those that are seasonal, the opening date may depend on the weather. The opening date can change year to year.

www.lasvegasadvisor.com/showtable.cfm?id=24

I have been able to swim in March (and in November), but it really is iffy. Even if you can't swim, you still may be able to sunbathe or use a Jaccuzzi if it is sunny with no wind- I have done that in the winter.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LV Pools?

I was there last year, March 17 - 24.

We stayed at Encore and Mandarin Oriental.

Both pools were open, but the weather was only good enough to use Encore pool once and same for MO.

We're from northern England and consider anything above about 60 degrees to be pool weather ;)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LV Pools?

2012-03-29 to 2012-04-05

Pools were open and there was only 1 day where it might have been considered to cool for a swim. I guess it just really comes down to the weather at that time of year.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LV Pools?

Thanks all for your responses. I know here in the states the weather has just been crazy! We were there this past April 8th and it was definitely warm enough to swim everyday, although we didn't. Oh well, that's life.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,751 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LV Pools?

Caesars has a nice pool open year round. You do realize rates for the last week in March are $$$$$ because of March madness and spring break? If you can delay your trip a couple of weeks most pools will be opening and rates will be lower.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LV Pools?

wascolotravel - so far, the package prices I have checked, really hasn't been too bad at all, but prices always seem to go up and down. We aren't definitely set on the end of March but wanted to find out about pools, just in case. What is "March madness" anyway?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,232 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LV Pools?

"What is "March madness" anyway?"

NCAA Mens basketball tournament. A lot of people go to Las Vegas to watch the early rounds. The early rounds finish up on March 24th in 2013 so if you go after that you won't really be affected.

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LV Pools?

Thanks! Not a basketball fan. Well, if we go in March, we would be arriving on the 24th, so that probably wouldn't be too bad.