We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife 30+?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife 30+?

I'm heading to Vegas for a girls' weekend at the end of July. It's going to be hot, hot, weather! Staying at the Encore. We're 30ish. Would anyone know of a club or lounge, of an upscale sort that might suit us best for a Thurs/Fri/Sat night out? I'm aiming to avoid the masses of 21 year olds that swarm some of the mega clubs. Any experience from others in our age category?

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife 30+?

My friends are I are in that same age range as well and we actually really enjoy Encore Beach Club. I know this isn't the upscale club/lounge that you were asking about but we love hanging out in the pool drinking champagne, listening to the music (yes it is loud!). You don't get pushed around or stepped on and if someone spills a drink on you, just wash it off in the pool! The best part is NO HEELS :)

We've just found that we have a better time there than at the nightclubs now. Going on a couples trip and will be at EBC on July 1! Have a great girls weekend!!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife 30+?

I like Mix in Mandalay Bay. Not too big, great views, and not hard to get into.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
354 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife 30+?

Not sure on clubs but EastSide Lounge at Encore is a nice place for a drink to start the night off. Loungers/chairs out on patio are shaded and there is comfy seating inside, too. (Dueling piano show starts at 9 pm most nights but it opens early if you want a drink and be able to just sit and talk- 5ish?)

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife 30+?

Why do you want to avoid the 20somethings? Most of the mega clubs have a variety of age groups well into the 30s and you'll see much older than that as well. I'm 36 and my group of similar age enjoy Marquee, XS, Surrender.

Being in our 30s, its either you're going to be with the livelier crowd at those clubs or you're going to be in a Margaritaville type crowd where its more casual and older group.

When I hear someone wanting to be away from the younger crowd, you're basically asking for an older crowd of 30-60y/o? If you want to stay away from the crowds, something more quiet, check out Voodoo Lounge at Rio or Mix at Mandalay. Something a little more classy would be Hyde at Bellagio.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightlife 30+?

Hyde lounge at Bellagio is really nice with a great view of the fountain but it may get really busy and crowded if you don't have a table on a 'club night'. XS and Surrender at Encore are good if you can get on the guestlist, because they both have outdoor areas they won't make you feel like your crammed in the middle of a dancefloor, you can walk around and dance freely.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightlife 30+?

I just posted about the issue I have, as a 30+ person, trying to get into the good clubs. I totally get what you're saying and 818, it's not that she's so much avoiding 20 something people as much as saying when you're trying to get into a club with what looks like only 20 something's in line, it almost seems impossible.

I like the club scene a lot. My favorite so far was the Playboy Club at the Palms. Awesome views and great music. XS is also right where you're staying and I've heard it's the best place to be but beware unless you're armed with a line pass, it's hard to get into especially on the weekend.

Good luck and have fun!

Boise
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightlife 30+?

I'm curious on the responses here too....I wonder if the poster is referring to the young d***** bag type of crowd? Maybe its more of avoiding a type of club going crowd vs. a specific age range.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightlife 30+?

Since you are at the Encore, you cannot go wrong with Tryst, XS or Surrender nightclubs.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightlife 30+?

The whole d-bag thing is blown out of proportion. I think that is the perception of people that don't really see what goes on in these clubs. Its an assumption of how they perceive it to be.

Theyre regular people just like all of you that go to those clubs. You really think theres 4000 d-bags in there. LOL. They are tourists, club goers, professionals, mature people that just want to have fun like most people.

I'm 36, married, 2 kids, business owner, home owner, soccer dad, etc. I am at Vegas clubs at least once a month, sometimes twice. I dont consider mysel a d-bag and I go with other people often that are just the same as me. My younger late 20s friends are nurses, in real estate, business owners, lawyers, etc. I'm sure a good majority in the clubs I go to such as Marquee, XS and Surrender are just the same as our group.

Of course you'll see the occasional college age group but IMO, most are actually older than that. I think most are in their late 20s and older. You have to remember that Vegas isnt cheap. Cover charges, drinks and bottle service isnt for the college age budget. Most of the people that are in there are actually much older than you think.

Edited: 21 June 2012, 21:11
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightlife 30+?

Try Stage Door Bar.. Great for your age group. Good mix of locals and tourists with cheap drinks and no lawyers to with either.