We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

Scranton...
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

Trying to plan a trip to Vegas sometime in the first two weeks of October. We've been been there during the month of October. Hoping it won't be too crowded and the weather will still be nice. Thanks!

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

2 major conventions (17-30K), but both slightly off strip. (Sands & LV Convention Center)

I never worry about conventions much--Vegas has over 150K rooms. And to most people, Vegas always feels busy.

October is a great time, weatherwise.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

I don't see any massive ones. 30000 is the biggest I see.

vegasmeansbusiness.com/planning-tools/…

I hadn't been on my CET calendar for a while and checked it last night. Booked my comped rooms for 2nd week of Oct at Flamingo a couple months ago and I see they now want money for them. I can't make heads or tails of CETs system of offers to me, so I won't try to figure out what that means. Could just be that with the construction they have reduced # of rooms and are getting closer to capacity and putting rates up sooner.

Goldsboro, North...
Level Contributor
644 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

American Trucking Association is 8-10 Oct at Mandalay Bay.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

No offense CBub, but 30K is a major convention in Vegas....(150K rooms...30K are serious numbers)

Edited: 23 June 2012, 19:28
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

Matter of semantics...I said massive as in NAB/CES major. 30000 is a lot, but not so much it's going to affect my overall trip for crowds, transportation etc to the extent the truly massive ones would.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,384 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

Fair enough...I agree; I don't worry about the conventions unless it affects my comped rooms!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

Nope, don't wanna lose my comps. Less money to gamble away =)

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

The same thing happened to me. I booked my comp room at flamingo a while back and now all of my comps on the calendar are gone. I'm just glad I went ahead and booked it. We're going the week of oct 7.

9. Re: Any major conventions going on the first two weeks of Oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:45