We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weehawken, New...
Level Contributor
312 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental

Looking forward to rent a car for 3 days to roam around Vegas. Basically we will make short day trips - Canion, Red Rock, Death Valley...

Which car renting companies shall I approach to rent a car? we are only two people and not looking for renting any high-end cars.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental

I'm renting a car for a week and Enterprise was the cheapest I found

Grayslake, IL
Level Contributor
766 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental

We use Dollar....and if you sign up for Dollar Express you'll get even better rates but the best part is that you can bypass the line at the Rental facility. From the moment you step off the bus, it'll take less than 5 min to walk to your car and drive away. Hard to beat it.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental

Will you be renting from the airport of from a hotel? Some agencies are only located at the airport. Others are located at the airport and at hotels. I would check all of the big companies- Avis, Dollar, Thrifty(only airport pick-up), Enterprise, Hertz,etc. They are all reliable.

Once you find a rate that is reasonable, make your reservation and keep checking (and checking and checking-until the day you leave). If you see the rate go down- you can modify your reservation and get the lower rate. I have done that as many as five times with one reservation. If you find something cheaper with another company, make a new reservation and cancel the old one. Renting at the airport is usually cheaper than renting at a hotel. The airport facility is open 24/7. Hotels rental desks usually close late afternoon.

Be sure to join the "express club" of the agency you use. Your info will be in the computer. It is a time saver- especially if you rent at the airport. It allows you to ignore the main counter and go directly to the lot to pick up your car.

I have used most of the agencies in Vegas, but I usually end up with Dollar, Thrifty or Alamo. I never had a problem with any of them.

Check your own insurance company and your credit card company to be sure they cover a car rental.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental

My preference is Alamo. Anything but Fox should be OK for you. Joint the insiders/loyalty club for a couple of rental agencies to get the best rates.

5. Re: Car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:15