We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Topic
Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Would like to know if any Canadians will be in town celebrating, and what those plans are?

I am a Torontonian myself, but have been a Las Vegan (not sure if that's correct) for over a year now. Looking for a fun way to celebrate Canada Day, plus, it's always great to meet other Canucks:)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
642 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Sorry,.. I'll be at the Stamps game.. home opener! :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
26,189 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

I'll be in LV. Need to get away from the rain and dry out in the desert. No major CD plans, just using it as a long weekend availability.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Hi, I just returned "home" to LV from a visit to Toronto last week. Stayed at the Cambridge Suites on Richmond near Yonge / Eaton Centre [not Center]. Ate a peameal bacon sandwich at the St. Lawrence Market then took the ferry over to the Island for the day. Are you homesick yet reading this? On Canada Day I might have a brewed cup of Tim Horton's coffee with a Molson's chaser while wearing my Maple Leafs hockey socks. I brought back one of the new $50.00 bills that is made of a plastic material with a see-thru window and a $5.00 bill because it has hockey players on it...want to show my co-workers here.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
2,737 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

I am not Canadian, but I will be there. I will have to toast every Canadian I see July 1.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Not Canadian, but it is my birthday on Canada Day! Anyone want to buy me a trip to Vegas to celebrate? Lol.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

@Friskie_11 - Sounds awesome! Have a great time!!

@PVJennybean - Rain sounds good right about now. We haven't had any in such a long time! Enjoy your trip!

@vegasallan - I gotta admit, the only thing I miss is Timmys, hockey, real peameal bacon (not the ham the try to pass as Cdn bacon over here), and my loved ones. Definitely not homesick, which is a bonus, especially in the winter:) My nanny sent me one of the new 50's to frame, they are really cool!!

@TCrawford - I'll be busting out a red Canada shirt, so make sure to toast me if you see me!

@gdalestumps - Happy Early Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully someone will be nice enough to send you down here!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

we will be there July 3-7 at Aria

Can't take anymore of the liquid sunshine here on the lower mainland.

Need to see some of the nice yellow glow in the sky with some heat.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

@DTSecondHome - You will definitely be getting what you are looking for:) Enjoy your trip and win lotsa moolah!!

SoCal
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

These Californians will be hoisting a few with poster #2 that day.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
281 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Canadians in town for Canada Day?

Was on the patio last July 1 at Nine Fine Irishmen last year when a bachelor party started singing O' Canada - incredibly almost every other table started singing along.

Crazy Canadians sitting on a concrete patio when it's +100F.

Oh and I'll be there again this year!