We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

New York City, New...
13 posts
Save Topic
Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

How common is to use coupons in restaurants and other establishments in LV, I ask because its not very common in restaurants in NYC.

Would you let them know your using a coupon beforehand or when you get the check etc.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,586 Reviews
from US$399.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,063 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
390 Reviews
from US$499.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam Helicopter...
577 Reviews
from US$369.99*
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

I tell them at time of ordering. Usually just makes it easier for everyone.

And it's common enough that every time I've used one in LV the server instantly knew what it was and what the terms were.

Level Contributor
3,522 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

Coupons are very common in Vegas. With hundreds of thousands of hotel rooms, hundreds (perhaps thousands) of different places to eat, and more entertainment options than you can count; most places will look for an avenue to bring you in. Coupons are one of the most common avenues. Most cabs, shuttle buses, hotel rooms, etc... will have booklets with different coupons in them. Many of the hotels will give you a coupon book or sheet when you check in as well.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

I use them all the time in LV. The two I use most often are Aureole in Mandalay Bay and The Flame at the El Cortez downtown. Both have excellent food.

4. Re: Using coupons, such as Restaurant.com etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 05:17