We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
638 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

Currently staying at Flamingo in north facing room (window looks out at IP), and construction noise is very loud. Didn't wake me up until 6:30 am, but the jackhammers & super loud beeping noises of trucks backing up has been non-stop. Ear buds are in place, but not helping much (didn't put music on which would help a little. A/C fan has no effect to diminish noise). Appears they are dismantling top level of IP garage, as well as digging out some sort of large trench in between Flamingo & IP. Hoping the noise won't be so loud in pool area. Anyway, just wanted to spread

the word about the noise for those who will be staying at these hotels

throughout the Linq construction process. Pack ear plugs is you have them! ;-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

Thanks for the update !! Have Harrahs booked for end of August -- keep thinking of switching to Paris or PH -- but was looking forward to going back to Harrahs for this trip -- Not a late sleeper either -- but constant beeping and jackhammering has me thinking again , decisions... decisions...

NB, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

I am booked at IP for 16 July for a week--price was right so I hope it was not a mistake!!! I will make sure that I request a strip facing room.....anyone know an e-amil address???

buffalo,new york
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

Those who sleep in vegas should be ashamed of yourself, thats why they invented energy drinks lol

Mass
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

LETITRIDE99 Don't worry about Harrahs...I was there 6 weeks ago and heard NO noise ( except in the valet/parking garage area). North Side of Flamingo and IP are affected...the mess is all behind the old O'Sheas. Other than walking under scaffolding around IP Harrahs wasn't affected.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

Thanks for the tip. will be at Harrah's in late july and was concerned.

Formby, United...
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

does anyone know how long the construction will going for? thanks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

It isn't supposed to be done until sometime in 2013 but noise levels will change depending on what is being done at that time. Not sure what they were doing but garage was already imploded so it wouldn't have been that. Maybe removing part of OSheas?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

staying in both IP and Flamingo in Sept and couldn't care less about noise. I shall be playing out and about during the day and then sleeping at night. If I am woken at 6am then all the better to get going and start the day. Construction is there and happening - not the end of the world.

9. Re: Construction noise Update - Flamingo/IP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:46