We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Cant remember the member who suggested Ellis Island for cheap eats/drinks in Vegas but thanks heaps we went almost 3 times a day :) and was the best Vegas hint we had!

But this message is for all the non USA customers that visit Ellis Island,please dont Stiff the staff on tips! We were at times embarrassed at the amount of foreign visitors to Ellis that left the place without tipping,the food and drinks are cheap enough compared to other close by strip places to just about double the bill and still walk out ahead!

This is a great place and easy walking from flamingo,s or Bills,we even walked the back way from Harrahs on our return trip this holiday. If you have never visited then take the time but please leave the appropriate amount of tips,the staff work hard and well and you can see the dismantlement in their faces when a tip is not left for such great service.

Try the BBQ one night but be warned there is no way you can eat an order of Ribs and Chicken by yourself,not sure how the do it for $8?

We also had our small wedding reception at Ellis lol.

Stage door is also great for provisions and on the way to Ellis.

Enjoy :)

Den (Australia)

delaware
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

I wonder if 'myrooster' has seen this review.lol

Edited: 28 June 2012, 21:52
London, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

I hear you but sometimes the service at the bar can be absolutely terrible in there, seriously i have waited 10 minutes to get served even when it is quiet.

It can be difficult to tip well for such bad service, i sometimes even got the feeling that they were doing it on purpose.

NB, Canada
Level Contributor
238 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

We saw this hint too and it is on the top of the list--glad to hear the food is good as well as "cheap". Any more info on prices??

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Great post. I love Ellis Island as well. Great value.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
12,163 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

This review is making me depressed that I am not in Vegas right now. :(

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,192 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Thanks for the review. We hope to check out Ellis Island next time we're in Vegas. Cheers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Hint $5.99 steak and eggs breakfast every morning and some days the steak was the best we had on our 4 week US trip!

$7.99 New York strip steak dinner most nights,again great steaks.

Full rack of ribs or ribs and chicken combo with plenty of sides around $8!

Tip well for your first margarita at the bar and your second will be a lot stronger.

I didnt have a bad meal at Ellis,in fact it was so good and cheap all the people who came to Vegas for our wedding didnt want to eat anywhere else!

Den

scranton
Level Contributor
78 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

Just got back from Vegad and love Ellis Island. I thinker went there six times. Love the beer.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

quote Megapoop

"I hear you but sometimes the service at the bar can be absolutely terrible in there, seriously i have waited 10 minutes to get served even when it is quiet.

It can be difficult to tip well for such bad service, i sometimes even got the feeling that they were doing it on purpose."

This wasnt my experience,we got served at the bar as soon as a bar person was available on every visit.

We did have to wait to be seated for food but that was because its so popular at Dinner,breakfast and lunch was not a problem.

Perhaps your tips wernt enough? lol :) i did notice on one night that the bar staff were short and a waiter from the BBQ area had to come over and start serving drinks I cant see why you wouldnt get served if the bar person was free?

Den

Edited: 29 June 2012, 11:01
Olmsted Falls
Level Contributor
428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back in OZ Ellis Island info

dentray: It is a good thing you did not read Mr Rooster's report, as he was quite depressed just being in there, much less having a wedding reception there. You say it is a short walk from the Flamingo? I may try to get there next visit. Glad you all had a good time!