We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

Level Contributor
1,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

I once play a Goldfish game for hours without adding additional money. I started with $100, my bet went up and down and I got so bored after 2 1/2 hours, I quit! Curious as to what slot games you played with how much money, amount of bet(s) and how long?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

My longest was $100 into a 50-hand VP even tho I was playing 25 cents per hand (a 50 here and there). It was about 7 hours. My buddy on the machine next to mine had a similar result.

Have tried that type of machine other times and never came close to this duration.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

I've played the 9 line penny Cleopatra at the GG for an hour before.. I tipped out more in drinks than I lost on the machine! lol

Bretton Woods, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

I played on a Hangover machine at Cosmopolitan for over 3 hours once, put in a $100 and eventually cashed out around $60 something. I did get a little bored after a while, but that would go away every time I'd get a bonus.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

Oh forgot to add on a fiver!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

about 5 hrs on lucky sevens at El Co. Played $50 for hours and cashed out about the same 5 hrs later

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

I know I played for several hours on some dumb nickel machine on my very first visit to Vegas maybe 25 years ago. It was broken, and just paid me at random. I think I started with a roll of nickels. LOL.

I don't tend to play the same bill for long stretches. If I get up to a multiple of $100 in credits, I cash that out, and then may slip another $20 in depending on how much I'm up, and how much I've invested. I might play a machine for a few hours, and walk away with 5 or 6 TITOs cashed from it if I'm lucky.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

Played 20 bucks in a .25 VP machine at the bar for about 3 hours. Lost the 20 plus what I won during that time but it was fun and got some comp drinks while playing.

So CA
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

5 1/2 hours on a American Idol Machine at $6 bet with $100 at the Rio. I earned 3,850 tier credits and lacked being Diamond in a day buy 150 tier credits. Had I known I would not have gotten off the machine.

Calgary
Level Contributor
730 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

30 seconds! LOL

Level Contributor
1,078 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Longest playtime on one slot without adding money?

Hi CinnamintStic

I just wanted to see if anyone has done as well as you. So far, your record stands.