We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Which restaurant would you goto if you could only choose one?

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Not sure why it would only be down to those two places with all the better options in town...but I'd go with Mon Ami Gabi I guess.

east coast
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

I am not sure I would return to either one. But if I had to choose, it would be Mon Ami Gabi. At least it is close.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
5,019 posts
1,073 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

I would choose Mon Ami Gabi between those two. I would choose a lot of restaurants before going to Off the Strip.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Ok thanks. Where else would you suggest then? We are only in Vegas for 4 nights and are looking to book for the last night. Not looking for anything too swanky just some great food.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

If you could define your needs a little bit more it would be easier to suggest places. What kind of food are you looking for? (Or what kind of food do you prefer to stay away from?) What kind of budget for the dinner? Where are you staying?

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Mon Ami is one of our favorite places to eat in Vegas! We will be going there again in Sept. for the 3rd time. And yes, we have been to many places, expensive and not so expensive. The food is great there, and it is worth it to get a patio table for the people watching. Overall a dining experience that I think you will enjoy.

We go to Mix, Mon Ami Gabi, and Fiamma almost every trip. We also love Nine Fine Irishmen for a more laid back meal.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
595 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

We found the service and food at Mon Ami Gabi to be good, not the best meal we've had in Vegas but it was nice. The view on the other hand, looking across the Strip and over to the Bellagio fountains is something you will never forget. It's still one of my favourite memories from our trips.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

With 4 nights there's absolutely no need to book reservations until you get there. Have a look around, look over menus, evaluate prices, etc.

So CA
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

I like eating at Mon Ami Gambi for breakfast. Its like eating at Mimis Cafe with a view. I wish the seating was not crowed and I hate to be seating by the beverage cart. I like alot more privacy and I feel I am always scooting my chair in for someone to pass. But it makes for great people watching. I like walking buy and seeing what people are eating too. It would not be my choice for the one nice meal of my trip if I was limited to one.

DaShores
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off the strip or Mon Ami Gabi

Mon ami Gaby is an excellent casual dining choice, great service, great views, very decent food at a very reasonable rate. It clearly is not fine dining, but it is one of those rare places that actually offers daylight or moonlight. I never go to vegas without having at least one meal there.