We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just why does this happen to me??????????????

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Just why does this happen to me??????????????

Hubby and I are in our mid-fifties, been together over 25 years, but only got married in LV last September. Going back this year for 1st anniversary and 2013 for sons wedding at Bellagio.

We dont really drink or gamble.................normally........................so why oh why does Vegas get into my head so much. I love the place, continually look on here to enhance my next trip and am always counting down the time til we go back. I love love love the whole place........................but why????? am I being brainwashed by some force I am unaware of............and if I am I dont want it to stop.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

Just woke up dreaming about it myself! !lol

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

Welcome to the club :)

East Sussex
Level Contributor
365 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

I wake up thinking of Vegas every morning...sometimes dream of it at night. It is just the best place ever, for anything.

Check out this thread about the addictiveness of LV

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41300818

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

This addiction happened to us on our first trip some 16 years ago, we have been back every year - and sometimes twice- since. I know exactly how it happened. In the old days there were no direct flights to LAS, so we were very tired when we arrived and had a nap. Day then turned into night and I awoke to the view of the strip all lit up out of our window. Dragged hubby out of bed to look and from that moment we were hooked. That and the fact that Ballys had upgraded us without mentioning it, so we thought ALL Vegas rooms were as big as this lol. We came back to the UK with $7 and an addiction.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

I think it's something they do to us there. Maybe we're microchipped without knowing it, or they implant some kind of homing device in our brains to ensure we keep returning... Lol

I'm addicted too and this morning I am doing the happy dance. Nine more sleeps until we leave once more :)

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

A couple of decades ago while in Vegas I woke up in my bathtub with my liver missing and I still go back. It has a heck of a pull.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

Holy Moses... Maybe they implanted the microchip in place of your liver!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
784 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

We Vegas addicts are like homing pigeons. We have to return "home" every year/six months/few weeks. I like the microchip theory but don't think the technology was available back in the late 70's when I got the bug.

Vegas is an escape from reality and sometimes reality can be quite disturbing.

Staines, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

SallyAldridge

At least you had the $7 to put towards the next fix!!!!!

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just why does this happen to me??????????????

LuvLVEdmonton, if you got it back in the 70's then it was likely someone slipped you something. You know how the 70's were LOL