We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from our trip...quick impressions

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Back from our trip...quick impressions

So we got back yesterday from our 4 night vacation. Here are some quick impressions:

slots are very tight right now with not very good drink service

very hot, but not humid so just avoid middle of the day outside

we stayed at Bellagio and then Mirage- big step down, wished we had stayed at Mirage 1st or just at Bellagio.

Hubby got sick from Bellagio buffet, plus the food was tasteless and the selection was poor (just MHO-we are not picky either)

Jean Philippee (sp) is awesome. They also have airport to go meals that looked great for 20 bucks (cheaper than airport food)

Ate at Fix- very good. Hubby said best scallops he has ever had.

Cosmo still has the lose $100 get a $100 back in slot play- you have to ask. This was our fav spot with best drink service and atmosphere. We are usually MGM players.

Went to Mirage spa. Loved, loved, loved it!! It is a smaller spa compared to others. But my experience was top notch.

Airtran was great. Our 1st time flying with them. Arrived early there and back.

Boston...
Level Contributor
182 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

Why do you think hubby got sick from buffet?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

I think it was from the buffet because 30 mins after eating his stomach started cramping really bad and then spent 3 hrs throwing up in our room. That is they only thing he had eaten that day besides toast and coffee before we left our house. This is the 1st time I ever left a buffet still hungry. I swear we are not picky. Maybe we hit it at a bad time? 3:30 pm.

England
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

You don't get food poisoning in 30 minutes. Likely to be something else.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

Not true--food poisoning can come on within 30 min.

So not a perfect trip--but definitely some nice highlights. Thanks for sharing!

England
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

Not usually kbunde.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,935 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

slippeddisc - I got this off the internet so you must be wrong. I got it from this site

emedicinehealth.com/food_poisoning/page3_em.…

Symptoms of food poisoning depend on the type of contaminant and the amount eaten. The symptoms can develop rapidly, within 30 minutes, or slowly, worsening over days to weeks. Most of the common contaminants cause:

•nausea

•vomiting

•diarrhea

•abdominal cramping

•fever

Usually food poisoning is not serious, and the illness runs its course in 24-48 hours.

England
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

Food poisoning doesn't usually come on that quickly. It can do but doesn't usually. Plus if two people were eating there you would expect both to get it. A lot of couples try each other's food etc.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

Food poisoning can occur between 1 hr and 70 days. There is a lot of risk at buffets as the food often is not stored at the right temperature, people that have not washed hands after using the restrooms are handling food or close to food, the sea foods are often topped up rather than rotated to use up the food that has been on display longer, first.

Sorry you had this experience as Bellagio is my favourite buffet in Vegas. I don't really think the food is bland. I have always found the selection to be good and the service efficient. But thank you for your thoughts on it.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,391 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

OK...so a reputable medical site (actually I found the same info on several) is wrong...

And they didn't necessarily eat the same food....

England
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from our trip...quick impressions

A bit defensive there kbunde.