We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

What are the pros and cons for this august

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Paris is nicer - pro for Paris.

Flamingo is cheaper - pro for Flamingo!

England
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Also Paris is linked to Ballys which is quite useful to walk through in the heat.Some Flamingo rooms have been updated but others haven't (The Go rooms have). I love Paris. I don't like Flamingo but that could be personal preference. I haven't stayed at either but have spent time in both.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Paris is the nicer property in general. Attached to ballys, closer to miracle mile shops, Walgreens, and the sdx stop are all bonuses as is being away from the construction. Price is generally lower at flam and the pool area is preferred by some tho the Paris pool isn't bad. Rooms recently redone at flam.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

We are a mid 40-something couple and have stayed at both Paris and Flamingo. Overall, I think that the atmosphere of Paris is nicer and more upscale than the Flamingo. I would recommend staying in a Paris Red Room - these are the newly renovated rooms. Flamingo has a edge if you're thinking about some pool time. It definately has a fun, party atmosphere so arrive early to find a lounger or rent a cabana in advance. I think either one would be fine, just put a little more weight toward Paris since I think it's a nicer experience overall.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Paris is nicer. And the combination of the pool with cheap rooms at Flamingo draws in the pool party crowd. Some 50 year olds would rather not deal with the noise.

salem, oregon
Level Contributor
237 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Paris !!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,121 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Paris

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

We are late 40s and have stayed at Paris twice in the last 2 years. Best way to sum it up.......you could saty on property and have a great vacation without leaving this resort. Great and affordable dining options. Good gambling options. Huge pool area......no fighting for chairs.....no thumping dj....good cocktail service. Connected to Ballys without heading into eat and you can find some cheaper dining options at Ballys. If they tore everything down in Vegas and Paris was the only thing left standing, you would still get the whole Veags experience in this one property. But do not.....and I repeat.....do not return home without having breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi.....watching the morning show on the strip as it wakes up is one of Paris' best draws.....oh the stories we could tell!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

Pushin 50 and we opted for Paris this August. Stayed at Paris 3 years ago also. The pool is pretty plain, but we could always get a lounger together vs Flamingo where you better be out there early, if that is important. Much more of a party at the Flamingo pool as stated.

For us a little more ambiance at Paris and the connection to Ballys. We also just did not feel like dealing with any potential Linq construction issues. We will still stay at Flamingo now and again.

Waterloo, Ontario
Level Contributor
252 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris vs Flamingo for 50 year olds

I just turned 50 and booked Flamingo for my visit in August--our 3rd time at this hotel..

It's pink and smells of coconut--what's not to love? We don't use the pool and I love the central location!