We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VIP Service at GN?

Adrian,MI
Level Contributor
295 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
VIP Service at GN?

Can someone explain this to me? I am booked thru a tour operator package, Delta Vacations, so can I still do this? Do I do it there? or in advance?

Thanks so much!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VIP Service at GN?

good question and i was also wondering how exactly the landry card works for an upgrade

Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VIP Service at GN?

I was told that even with a Landry's card you do not qualify for VIP or upgrade UNLESS you book via the Landry's phone number on the card. You have to book directly with Landry's not the GN. However many people report that they are not consistent about how they apply this upon arrival. My experience was nothing short of a big lecture! So I would recommend you get clarification before you go. Good luck!

Level Contributor
3,511 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VIP Service at GN?

I have heard from those who have been told that the do not qualify for an upgrade or VIP check-in (with Landrys card) due to not booking directly with the GN.

I have booked two previous stays at the GN using Delta Vacations (I was able to get the flights and room cheaper than the exact same flights by themselves). Both times I was upgraded from a Carson room to a Rush room. I'm heading back a week from today, with 2 nights at the GN (booked directly this time).

The GN may have guidelines requiring a direct booking, but it probably depends more on the mood of the check-in clerk you get.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VIP Service at GN?

I agree 16gauge. Also how busy they are , if it's your first stay etc, etc.

The last 2x I have booked with them and when I go to check in they told me if you didn't mention it when booking we can't upgrade u but we will make an exception this time.

Washington State
Level Contributor
852 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VIP Service at GN?

Travelgoddess, are you talking about using the Landry Card or VIP service in general? I would call the GN and get your answers that way.

I used Expedia the first time we went down and stayed there. I had my Card but they said I had to book with them to use the features. After that I have been comped for my stays but I did get to add VIP for the additional $25.00. I ended up not using it and the Host took it off my bill at the end.

Good Luck!

Cheers.

6. Re: VIP Service at GN?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:46