We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you explain your love of Vegas

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
How do you explain your love of Vegas

Ok so when someone asks me where i'll be taking my vacation and I say Las Vegas the first thing they say is "oh you must be a bit of a gambler then" Once I tell them i'm not they always ask "why go to Vegas then?"

Well I go because I love the climate, the friendly atmosphere, the fantastic shows, wonderful food, and customer service that is out of this world. Vegas makes me feel alive!!

So over to you lot how does Vegas make you feel?

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

Sounds like you have the right answer.

For me, I do like to gamble. But I also like the great selection of restaurants, the quality of the resorts for prices much lower than similar resorts in other cities, the devil-may-care, 24 hours, do what you want when you want type of "lifestyle."

The climate is actually my least favorite thing about it.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,337 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

For the boxing.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

Because I love to escape winter here and am too ADD to spend a week lounging on a beach, so Vegas can keep me entertained and amused. I also do the math for them and show how Vegas is a fairly inexpensive vacation for me in comparison to something tropical.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

I've given up trying to explain. I just ask "have you been?" And when they say no I say you should. End of conversation lol.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

It is pretty much the best value you can receive for your vacation dollar anywhere. Where else can you get a 5 star hotel for the price of a Red Roof Inn in other cities? Where else can you get good, clean, comfortable hotel rooms for very little money or for free?

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

Because its like no-where else on Earth. Yes i like to gamble, but i love the shops, the places to eat, the sights to see, and the stories i get to tell people when i get home :+)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

Many great reasons already and all I agree with, except I love the weather. I'll add that it's only 2 hours and 25 minutes from home. Quick flight and boom, I'm in my element! Care free amd away from reality!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
298 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

"For the boxing."

Not to be a John? Lol...

When people ask me that I tell them hell yeah for gambling and that I make 3 times as much gambling as I do at this crummy job. Its fun, because unless they feel the same way they'll never get it.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

All of the above except that it is more than 2 hours and 25 minutes from my home.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,553 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you explain your love of Vegas

I love it in the ways you described and also in the fact that for me its the least expensive great vacation I can take. I do find it difficult to get others to understand that it so much more than gambling. Their loss.