We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

early check in at the Venetian

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Topic
early check in at the Venetian

My wife and I's flight arrives at 1030 am on Tuesday. We are renting a car so I am thinking that we will be able to get to the Venetian by 1230 or 1. Does the Venetian usually allow early check-in? Will I have a better chance at an upgrade by getting there earlier? I booked a View Suite which from reading some of the comments on this board I feel like I may have wasted my money, as some have said they had a view of a concrete wall and what not.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: early check in at the Venetian

On a Tuesday unless they are busy due to a convention you will likely get checked in when you arrive.

You are not likely to get a upgrade regardless of time you arrive unless you are a gold or platinum grazie member or get really lucky. However the regular suites are quite roomy, so Venetian is one of those hotels in my opinion where one really doesn't need a upgrade.

If you booked a view room, confirm at check in that's what you are getting. If they won't honor it for some reason and you paid extra for it, make sure they give you the lower price difference.

Have a good trip!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: early check in at the Venetian

We like to stay at at least 2 hotels on our holiday. As check out time is generally a lot earlier than check in time (Vegas was 11.00 am out/3.00 pm in) we are always after a late check out and an early check in; but of course we don't want to pay extra. I reckon our success rate for free early check in is around 90%, free late check out a little less. And for the few times we couldn't check in early, they stored our luggage and we went off to explore till our room was ready.

Our last Vegas trip we stayed at Paris and Bellagio. On the day we swapped hotels, I asked at Bellagio how early we could check in, and they said as long as your room was ready you can check in anytime. They checked; it was ready; so we checked in at 11.00 am. I imagine Venetian will be the same: if the room is ready, in you go.

Don't know about upgrades; never asked. We're happy to just get in early. But if your booked room is not ready, you could always say you're happy to help out by being put in an upgraded suite...

3. Re: early check in at the Venetian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:15