We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

We booked this trip using the $100 food credit, $500.00 cash in the Rewards Magazine. I will post our trip as a reply.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,043 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

When I first received the Rewards Magazine it sat on my dresser for a day or two.

On my way to the bathroom I grabbed the magazine to have something to "read". Perhaps too much information lol. Anyway I flipped threw the magazine and was getting ready to pitch it when I saw the coupons. Scanning them I saw the offer or should I say I thought I saw the offer (I didn't have my reading glasses on)

Grabbed my glasses and yes it did say $500.00 CASH but I still didn't believe so I had my husband read it too.

Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

My DH and I work fulltime jobs and are also fulltime caregivers for my 94 year old Mother-in-law. We were fried, extra crispy fried and in need of some "us" time. It had been 4 1/2 years since we had a vacation together.

We were married in Las Vegas and spent our honeymoon at the Paris hotel, it was time for a second honeymoon.

This offer of 5 nights, $100. food credit and $500.00 cash was TOO GOOD to pass up. We had to find a way to work this out. I already had the week of July 14th to the 20th scheduled off for vacation. My DH had the same week scheduled off. All we had to do is find someone to care for Mom.

My husbands co-worker offered to step in and help (god bless this lovely lady) Booked the offer on line and then said prayers that we could actually pull this off.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
891 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

Awesome!! We will be staying at Paris in September - I cant' wait to read your TR!

Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

We get dropped off at the airport and our Southwest flight is fine and arrives in Vegas 10 minutes early.

Wait for a cab is maybe 5 minutes. Cab driver was very polite,took us directly to Paris and the fare was 13.10 plus the 1.80 airport fee.

Check in is not till 4 but it is 2:30 and there is no line for check in so we try and see if they have a room ready.

Since these are comped rooms I am not going to be picky. The clerk says " smoking,king, with 100.00 food credit". We reply "yes" and she hands us the key to room 2737 and we leave a $200.00 cash deposit. I would rather leave a cash deposit then use my debit card. This way ha ha I know I will be leaving Vegas with some cash!

Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

On the way to the elevators my heart is so happy. I feel like I am "home"

The elevators are quick here and in no time we arrive on the 27th floor. Of course I get off and head in the wrong direction. I am directionly challenged and it is a joke with my DH and I. Down the hall we go-room 2737 let's hope the room key works. I hold my breath and open the door. While like I said this room is comped for 5 nights and I had not asked for anything special I was hoping for the best.

Ohhh the room is lovely! It is one of the refurbished rooms. Large flat screen TV which pleased my husband. There is a small fridge and a single cup coffee pot. There is a partial view of the strip-you can see the pool at Planet Hollywood,City Center,Cosmopolitan, The O sign for Belliago, the mountains and the planes taking off from the airport. Lovely just lovely

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

Paris is one of my favourites too. Looking forward to some more of your TR.

Cheers

Davy !!!

Chicago
Level Contributor
733 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

awww, just reading the beginning has brought a smile to my face. I am so glad that you and your husband were able to take some time for each other. You're off to a great start. Can't wait to read more.

new york
Level Contributor
1,493 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

I was wondering how you were given the $500.00 cash that was offered as well in the magazine...I have the same offer and are going in September and wanted to know what to expect.

Thanks for your help...

Romeoville, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

Great start, and so happy you and your husband were able to enjoy a well deserved vacation. Looking for more!!!

Kansas city
Level Contributor
108 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TR July 14-18th "We will always have Paris"

Now that I know the room is fine I am ready to go, I can unpack later. Food or collect the $500.00 first? Well now it is about 3:30 and the last time I ate was about 9 so food it is. We head down to the Cafe which I love and ask to be seated in the "outside area" so we can people watch.

Serve is slow or maybe it just seemed slow because I was starving! My DH order a french dip and I ordered some kind of chicken sandwich. Food was good and the waiter was adorable when he finally showed up.

Off we go to turn in our coupon. While the coupon says to take it to the cashier cage we were told we needed to go to Total Rewards first for a signature.

The lady who took care of us was very very nice. I hesitate to put up her name on here as she shared some information with us that I am not sure her boss would be happy she shared. Anyway, she stated that 8,000 offers went out for the 5 nights,$100.00 food comp and $500.00 cash. There budget had slots for 150 people to redemn this offer. She basically stated that this promotion was a public relations DISASTER with many many unhappy people. We were indeed one of the lucky ones. Basically unless you had booked this offer almost as soon as you received it you missed out.