We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

I was not going to do a show this trip to Vegas but then I noticed that Don Rickles was their on Saturday October 6th. the show is at the Orleans

I was wondering if there is a restaurant worth going to before the show. I always find it more convernient to dine at the hotel where the show is especially for an 8 pm performance.

If not I will plan something else on the strip

Thanks for any info

Vince

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

Prime Rib Loft.

Then get out of there asap after the show.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

If you want a full meal Prime Rib Loft is very good. But make reservations on a Saturday night.

If you want something more casual or lighter Big Al's Oyster Bar is perfect. We often have salad and a bowl of great chowder.

East Aurora, NY...
Level Contributor
526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

The Prime Rib Loft, the Canal Street Grill and Big Al's Oyster Bar are all very good at the Orleans.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 18:00
Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

I like the Orleans. My wife hit a jackpot while we were waiting for a concert to start.

The Irish pub across the street from Orleans is great. I'd eat there before Big Al's if I wanted casual.

5. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 12:21
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

So, don't read them. As long as I'm not being against forum rules, I'll say what I please.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

not exactly sure what we want was just trying to determine what might be worth doing

The Orleans gets no mention here on TA probably because it is off strip so i had not heard anything, good or bad, about any of the restaurants there.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

Breeze,

What's wrong with the place?

Big Al's get decent reviews for the chowder maybe a bowl of chowder before the show with a couple of cocktails and dinner somewhere back on strip after might work best.

I will put it before the boss and let her decide

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

vinny - There is nothing wrong per se. It would be not bad if I were from the West Coast and went to LV often.

But as a once a year vacation destination, it was a complete bust. Things are just common or maybe a cut below common and the clientele, IMHO, were a bunch of low lifes.

To me it was dirty and it smelled bad.

It was common. I don't want to be common on my hard earned vacation.

And I feel that I was duped by some regular posters who never tell the complete truth.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anything worth doing at The Orleans?

lol, breeze!