We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Hi,

We are a young couple (27 &31) from Europe and will be in Vegas about a week. We will be staying at Wynn and my question is if you guys can recommend any exciting events, restaurants or activities that we shouldn't miss. Since the trip between the two continents takes over 16 hours we won't be able to visit Vegas again for a long time.

Our budget for our entire stay is about 2000 dollars. Is this enough? this budget includes a few poker games, food, activities etc.

I forgot to mention that 6th of Aug is our first anniversary and we thought it would be fun to have Vegas Elvis wedding!

Thanks for your input.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 18:05
Oregon
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Frankly I think your budget is a bit lean for an entire week. The restaurant offerings at Wynn are mostly on the expensive side. It could be done but you would have to research and plan a lot of cost cutting measures. Anyway, sure you will have a great time and I want to wish you Happy Anniversary.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

You HAVE to see Le Reve. It's at the Wynn, and it's AMAZING. Use the code DSAVE30 to save $30. It's not cheap. But it's the best show in Vegas, imo.

Burnt Hills, New...
Level Contributor
142 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

$2,000.00 mights be a little short for 10 or 11 days. What type of places do you plan to eat at (high, medium, low end)? What type of show or shows do you want to see or activities to attend? As you know, you are looking at about $200 a day, are you going to gamble too? Food for thought...

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
491 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Also, to save money, we ate breakfast and dinner out, but we went to Walgreens (next door to the Wynn right under the Palazzo) and bought snacks during the day. They have everything there, including fruit, veggie plates, and more.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Thank you for the quick replies!

Oh we don't plan to have all our meals at Wynn, we will definitely hit outside and find some more budget friendly cafes and restaurants. We don't mind eating at low budget restaurants.

Thank you for the discount code, I'll check it out. We also will check out Walgreens, is it a store or a restaurant?

2-3 of these 10 days will be spent at San Jose at a friends house.

We are open and flexible when it comes to activities. I'd like to see a stand up comedy, play some poker, and relax at the pool. Is there anything else we can do? Is there any famous restaurant that we should try?

so 2000 dollars is not enough, how much should we raise it to?

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Our budget for 6 days/5 nights is almost 2000, and that is not even including gambling.

Congrats on the Anniversary! We will be in Vegas celebrating our 24th Anniversary on August 6th. It's a small world, after all!

If you want to see a comedy show, go see Carrot Top at the Luxor. Hilarious show!!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
224 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

NInana N,

If you would like info from a Vegas local about budget friendly options send me a message.

~M~

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

thanks!! 24th? Congrats! Hope we last as you guys! I'll look into carrot top!

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

If you plan and budget $2000 should be ok. thats $150 each per day. Does that include shows and shopping though? If so, it prob isnt quite enough. That said, as it's your first time, plenty of stuff to see for free, like exploring the different hotels, the fountains, fremont st at night.

Have fun!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: First and last visit to Vegas-28th July-7th Aug

Walgreen's is a drug store/chemist shop...like Boots is in the UK