We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Can I get some good recomendations for some mid level hotels on the strip that do not charge resort fees. We will be there at end of Sept. No kids and will have a car rental for our day trips out to the desert. Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Cosmo and any Harrah's property. What is mid level for you? Paris is a solid choice.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,656 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Unless you are against resort fees on a point of principle I would consider all your options.

Simply add the room rate + resort fee for a like for like comparison with the non resort fee properties - I personally dont care whether it is $125 room rate +$25 fee or $150 room rate on it's own.

Amongst those without a fee are those hotels in the CET (Caesars) group.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

TomC97,

I agree completely $200 is $200 whether they charge me for a resort fee or

"Charge 'em for the mice, extra for the lice, two percent for looking in the mirror twice

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,034 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Vinny, that is hilarious. May I plagarize you in the future?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,656 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

vinny

More hotels should take the "Master of the House" approach to charging customers who are just miserable.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

What are you looking for in a hotel? I would look at Planet Hollywood, A GO room at Flamingo, or Bally's North Tower in that order. No resort fees..

A step up from "mid-level" is Caesars (anything but a classic room) or Cosmopolitan.

Toronto,Canada
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Diva21,

Go ahead but if we ever meet in Vegas you owe me a drink!

TomC97,

if you have ever seen some of those people doing the early morning walk of shame they should definitely be charged the "3% for sleeping with the window shut"

theswach,

seriously dont get caught up in the resort fee. just focus on the bottom-line

check out www.smartervegas.com for hotel deals

Canada
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Most of the nicest resorts (Bellagio, Wynn/Encore, VEnetian/Palazzo, Mirage, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand) have the resort fee.

I, for one, don't care about the fee. I only care about the bottom line and what I get in return.

If you have a choice for the same price between Paris without the fee and Mandalay Bay with the fee, you'd be crazy to not chose Mandalay Bay. Especially if a pool is important to you!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

I don't care about the fee. I figure it in with the total cost of the hotel. Las Vegas is so special to me that it is the one place where I don't worry about little costs here and there. (I do that enough at home:)

My wife just got back from Vegas and wasn't too excited about that Ballys' North Tower room. I think the Bellagio spoiled her forever.

Brea, California
Level Contributor
318 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good hotels without resort fees on the strip?

Stay at a Caesars property.