We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ATTLEBORO
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

I just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this at MSS or any other hotel. I had made a reservation months ago at MSS for a non-smoking king room. When we checked in, we were given a smoking room with 2 queen beds. I called to ask why, and if we could be moved. She told me that the room type is a request only, and not guaranteed. Long story short, I did end up getting the room I had reserved, but not until after a fight. I did receive a phone call from the hotel manager after I filled out the survey upon arriving home. He also said that the room type is a request only, and you are given whatever they have available when you check-in. I have never run into this at any other hotel, and am left wondering if that's how it is handled, and maybe after my 100's if not 1,000's of hotel stays, I have simply been lucky in receiving the room I booked? Or is this just something MSS does to cover themselves? And why is it, then, if you try to book a room that has sold out, it states "SOLD" under that category? Why bother doing that, if they're just going to give you whatever they feel like when you arrive? Not happy with this situation.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,727 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

I think you've just been lucky. Virtually every hotel in the country treats smoking preferences and bed types as "requests".

The good news is, if you don't like what you get, they can usually move you the next day.

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

Standard procedure at every LV hotel I have stayed at. Put in your preferences and usually get it, but the fine print says it is a request only, not guaranteed, and if you go often enough, you will be disappointed from time to time.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

This happens at all hotels, not just in Vegas. If you look at any website when you are booking a room, it will state somewhere that they will do their best to accommodate your preferences. It is quite common to reserve a king room and get a double queen, but they will usually move you when one becomes available. This happened to us at PH last year, and it also happened to us in Atlanta this past weekend.

Amarillo, Texas
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

All of the hotels I have stayed at in Las Vegas are like that. I've always been told that room type is not guaranteed. Most of the time, we have gotten the room we asked for but a few times, we have ended up in smoking rooms but were moved the next day.

Cottage Grove...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

You've been lucky. Bellagio will offer you up to 3 room type requests guaranteed for $30 additional a night. King vs. 2 Queens, Low Floor, High floor, Near Elevator, Connecting/Non-connecting, Early Arrival, etc.

Strangely enough, smoking/non-smoking wasn't one of the choices.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,807 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

Your lucky...Room types are not guaranteed anywhere under normal circumstances.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

Here is the wording I have on my latest rersveration

------

ROOM PREFERENCES

We will make every effort to fulfill your preference requests; however they are not guaranteed, as rooms are assigned at check-in. Additional charges may apply for some requests. For accommodation preferences for the physically challenged, please call us at 1-800-CAESARS.

----

That being said if rooms are assigned at checkin and you use the self kiosks is that kiosk actually assigning the room?

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

I have no idea what MSS is, but this is standard hotel practice around the world.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

It has happened to me the other way around. I wanted a smoking room and got a non-smoking room. Usually though, they just give me an ashtray and tell me to keep quiet about it.

Edited: 31 July 2012, 22:16
10. Re: MSS...Room reservations are considered a request??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2012, 12:32