We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport - price/time

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
310 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport - price/time

I think that when I arrive at Las Vegas airport because I'll have a big suitcase I'd rather get a taxi than the bus or shuttle but can anyone tell me roughly how much it would cost to the MIrage, and if I am likely to get ripped off and taken on a longer route if I say it's my first time in Vegas - if the driver asks, am I better off lying and saying I have been before?

Also when I fly back, my flight is at 8am so I need to be at the airport around 6am. Actually my flight details advise getting there 3 hours beforehand but I wouldn't do that even at Heathrow (which is a very big busy airport) - will I generally be OK allowing 2 hours or is it a really big, busy airport? Are there different terminals and does it depend which one I am going from?

Also if I get a taxi from the Mirage to the airport to be there for 6am, how long roughly is it likely to take in terms of distance or traffic at that time of the morning - should I allow half an hour, 45 minutes, 1 hour? And I think I've read somewhere you can't flag down a taxi in the street and I will have to ask the Mirage doorman for one (if there isn't one waiting on the kerb) - that also makes me worry a bit if it takes 15 mins to get a taxi and I'd only allowed 40 mins to get to the airport for instance.

I've also read that checking out of hotels can take a long time - so does anyone have an opinion on what time I need to go down to check out of the hotel in order to get to the airport for an 8am flight? Thanks!

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport from airport - price/time

Thanks for the advice on the taxi. I saw Spirit allowed you one carry on for free but when I checked the size realised it was tiny - handbag sized - so I've paid for a carry on and a checked in bag. Also a bit worried about getting the weight down, I have a 23kg allowance for my flight to and from London and only 18kg on Spirit. So I will just have to unpack some stuff and leave it in my boyfriend's car (I'm leaving him and his mum to continue their road trip while I fly to Vegas for a few days and rejoin them later!)

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport from airport - price/time

The shuttle driver will take care of your luggage. Their vehicle has a large luggage storage area in the rear of the vehicle. They put it in and take it out. Tip a couple dollars. I prefer the shuttle now because of all the hassles I have had with the cabbies. I dont mind the twenty minutes I spend on the shuttle because I consider it an interesting part of the trip,what with the visiting with the others and seeing parts of the strip you otherwise will not see. Have fun.

13. Re: Transport from airport - price/time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 20:18