We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Labor Day weekend

Silver Spring...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Labor Day weekend

I'm about to lose my mind trying to find a hotel for Labor Day weekend. So I figured why not ask the forum. I'm looking for a decent hotel, on the strip (mid strip if possible), for about $100 bucks a night (5 nights). Good eats and a nice pool would be nice but not necessary. My wife and I are coming to Vegas for our anniversary and I've got most of the plans set in terms of what to do. Just looking for a decent place to stay for a modest price.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,132 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

I'm not sure $100 per night, mid-strip, holiday weekend is a good fit. Have you looked at any prices yet on hotel websites? What kind of prices are you finding?

Olmsted Falls
Level Contributor
428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

Try Bally's, Harrah's or Paris. If you have a CET card you can get a better price. Rates are fluctuating a lot lately at the CET properties for that week. Flamingos is also an option. If you are staying Saturday you will not be able to find anything for 100 a night.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,759 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

When you say Labor Day Weekend, EXACTLY which nights will you be there, and do you have any flexibility?

That Friday an Saturday nights are going to be outrageously priced, and Sunday will also be worse than noraml. After that the rates should be pretty good for the rest of the week.

Silver Spring...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

I'm looking for an average of about 100/night , so about $500 give or take. We will be checking in August 30 and out on Sept 4. I've done some reseach and Saturdays seem to be the day I'm going to take the biggest hit but Thursday (8/30) and tuesday (9/3) will bring down the overall average. Just curious about where would I get more bang for my buck. Are there special rates available with a CET card that are not on the discount sites like smarter vegas?

Edited: 01 August 2012, 19:45
So CA
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

Do you have a Rewards Card (CET)? I booked 5 days at Rio for my husband and I and also a room for my FIL. Same days your looking for. Mine was comped but my FIL with no gambling play in over a year was able to get the 5 days for $49 at Rio. We wanted to be off strip to miss some of the crowds. I think the pool should be less crowed too.

Edited: 01 August 2012, 20:18
Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
10,063 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

Labor day weekend (and all holiday weekends) can cost your first born. Its packed, lines everywhere, traffic up the wazoo. High rates and a*s*s to elbows. Go the weekend before or after if you want a better time.

If you must, go direct to the hotel, not through a third party (expedia, etc). That way when you get a room on the first floor overlooking a dumpster maybe they will switch you. Otherwise you will be SOL.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 04:14
So CA
Level Contributor
575 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

There is also the chance of having your room comped after your stay if you play if you book direct.

Wailuku, Hawaii
Level Contributor
855 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

I would start with these in this order until you find something in your price range as soon as you do book it! As other's have said this is a busy weekend.

Paris

Flamingo

Bally's

Harrahs

Bill's

Good luck!

If you don't find any thing you might have to try off strip (Rio or Orleans)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

Looking at 8/30 - 9/4, I see your best options as:

Paris: $112

Bally's: $87

Flamingo: $69

Flamingo over Bally's is a no-brainer. Flamingo vs Paris depends on personal preference, but for savings of $45/night, I'd take Flamingo.

Edited: 02 August 2012, 07:46
Los Angeles...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Labor Day weekend

try inperial palce