We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Just returned from vegas on the 24th of july and now friends want to head back in september guys trip. Im self employed so can take trips whenever wife works for state goverment so not much vacation time. How do I break the news to her that im going with out her. Side note only bee married 2 years so all vacations have been together.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Sorry you work for the Government, I'm going to Vegas with my buddies.

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Hmmm I have two words for you... Jewelry store.

And don't be stingy! ;)

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

"Darling, why don't we plan a wonderful vacation to (where ever) You have wanted to go there for so long. When is your next vacation? We can stay at that little B and B we read about in the inflight magazine on our way to Vegas. Oh. Speaking of Vegas, my good buddy really would like to go and he and I were thinking of doing a quick get away. I would love to show him some of the great places you and I visited. What do you think?

This conversation should take place after the roses are delivered, the garbage had been taken out, your dirty socks put into the hamper and she has consumed at least a bottle of wine - a sixer if she is a beer drinker like me....

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
989 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Tough call for sure. Still virtually newlyweds :) ... agreed that Tiffany's will speak louder than words!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,777 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Bring her back some serious cash.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Well since you're going no matter what she thinks, just tell her you're going and let the chips fall where they may. Get her a nice gift card to her favorite store for shoes or handbags or whatever floats her boat, and as pooka says, don't be stingy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

you would be a dead man in our house lol.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
148 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

Just be honest and tell them your buddy wants a guys trip. My fiancé has no problems me taking a guys trip, or a solo trip. Beating around the bush won't help at all.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
507 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

I usually splurge for a big dinner then say I'm taking a solo trip. It's never a big deal, just jealousy.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
631 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Telling wife you are headed back to vegas without her.

DT is right. Dead man walking or more likely sleeping on the coach for a very long time...

Good luck with that.