We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee??

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee??

We are travelling from the UK, I am taking a small travel kettle to make coffee in our room, I have purchased some Cappucchino sachets to take with us, I am now wondering if I am able to take these on my flight as they contain milk powder. Has anyone else travelled with these sachets in their case ??

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee??

No problem if you're putting the sachets in checked baggage.

If you wanted to take them in your carry on, I would guess you'd be ok with that too if the milk isn't in liquid form but probably best to look on the UK DfT and US TSA websites to check that it's not restricted in some way.

Edited: 08 August 2012, 14:13
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
979 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee??

The US restriction is on liquids, gels, and aersols. I would venture to say that a powdered drink packet is acceptable. To be safe, as blagger suggests, I would put them in checked baggage. I had no problem carrying on snacks such as gummy bears and granola bars on a recent trip to Paris and Rome, so I don't think that some powdered cappucino packets would cause any stir (pun intended!) Happy Travels!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,647 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coffee??

Other than the fact that "Cappucino Sachet" sounds like the name of an exotic dancer...you are permitted to bring those on board.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coffee??

A coffee thread - lol.

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coffee??

I suggest emptying the powder in to clear plastic bags and then taping the bags to your mid rift under a baggy T- Shirt just to be sure.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coffee??

Nothing like a good, make that great cup of coffee!......Keep in mind Vegas has many, many good coffee shops/kiosks in hotels along the strip to enjoy!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coffee??

Thanks for your responses, thanks blagger for advising me on the US TSA site, think I will be fine with it in my suitcase and checked in.

Irishfan: After a few cocktails I'm sure some of the ladies in our group might very well be doing some exotic dancing lol

Lol breeze, it's better than some of the threads I read on here sometimes

Lol, JohnJoe

Larilu: I know there are many good coffe places in Vegas, just want that first cuppa in the morning ! have never bothered with a kettle before in Vegas, it maybe the last if I don't use it much !!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coffee??

There is no way in heaven or hell that the words "cappuccino" and "powder sachet" should in any circumstances be put together in a positive sentence.

You REALLY (I mean really really really) intend to bring a kettle with you? For powdered coffee?

Djzeezus have mercy....

Edited: 08 August 2012, 17:25
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coffee??

For all Canadians, just to let you know, right now you can buy a single cup Salon coffee-maker at Walmart for 19.95. I was looking for this thing everywhere, finally bought at Value Village, could not find a new one. Now it's there when I do not need it anymore...

TN
Level Contributor
841 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coffee??

"There is no way in heaven or hell that the words "cappuccino" and "powder sachet" should in any circumstances be put together in a positive sentence."

LOL wholeheartedly agree! On the other hand, if we substitute "cappuccino sachet" for say - Lipton's tea bags on the op's forum, there'd be quite a few humorous responses.

I'm sure Plymouthgirl will sachet into some coffee shops for the 'real' thing :))