We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Hi am going to Vegas late nov and was looking at the restaurant.com option ?

Anyone with opinions ?

Paul

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

If you're going to be eating at restaurants where certificates are available anyway then it's a total no-brainer. There's no way you can lose!

While at home I'm always looking out for a deal, on vacation I won't let my dining choices be dictated by coupons and discounts. I'll decide where I want to eat first and then if anything is available, be it restaurant.com or something similar, it's a nice bonus.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 11:52
Boston
Level Contributor
24,420 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

I think its a waste if your buying the certificate just to save money and eating in a place that you really don’t want to eat at.

Too many people let money dictate what they do even in there Hotel choices.

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Am I right in thinking the vouchers are available at the beginning of each month ? Also I've heard the buffets are a good value option if u can get 2 for 1 , so where do I get the 2/1 coupons ?

Thanks Paul

Canada
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

For certain restaurants, especially if you can include the alcohol, the rest.com certificate is an very good option. One of those is The Flame @ El Cortez: 2 porterhouses, 2 sides, 1 bottle of very good Cab totaled less than $80, taxes and tip in. Now, while the steak was fine, it was nowhere near Cut, Prime or Carnevino....

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Paul, right now the discount code on r.com is GOLD, and it will get you a 60% discount. If you are staying on the strip, they offer gift certs for purchase at various restaurants in Mandalay Bay, the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood, Hash House a Go Go at IP, a couple at the Fashion Mall, and some at the Venetian and Palazzo. Some are good towards purchase of alcohol which can help you decide how big of a cert to buy & they do not expire.

Also, R.com now has an iPhone app which is very cool because you can look up nearby restaurants selling gift certs while you are out and about. You can purchase one you want and then you simply show the waiter the gift cert # on your iPhone.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Also, to find restaurants on or near the strip, search using zip code 89109.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

I believe that promo code GOLD expired yesterday. And when searching zip code 89109, change the search to a 5 mile radius.

The restaurant.com iPhone app may not be the best idea for an overseas visitor. If they don't have international data roaming enabled (and that can be VERY expensive), it's unlikely they'll be able to access the certificate if the restaurant doesn't have free wi-fi. Probably best to stick to the old style paper certs that you print yourself any time after buying... :-)

Edited: 11 August 2012, 13:03
Searcy, Arkansas
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

If you find cert's for restaurants you want to try its a great deal.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

I'm with SwishaSweety, if it's for restaurants you want to visit, then it's a good deal. I wouldn't just buy a bunch and then spend your vacation trying to run around and use them.

When my daughter and I visit Vegas together we arrange our days by area (south, mid, north Strip or whatever). We will look at restaurant.com and see if there's anything in a specific area that interests us. If not, we'd rather just play it by ear and eat wherever the mood strikes us.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Do u think restaurant.com is a good option ?

Yes, if it's somewhere you plan to go or want to try they can be a really good deal. I often have a couple of them with me. One for somewhere I want to try and usually one for somewhere I tend to go anyway. I don't like to be locked into must-do's so I don't take too many and I never feel obligated to use them. Because I go often enough I don't worry as I can use it the next trip. If you don't come often, I'd stick to coupons you absolutely know you will use and don't tie yourself down to so many that your activities are driven by what coupons you need to use.