We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

Less than 48 hrs to go and hubby & I are getting so excited!!

Someone told him we could go to The Venetian for a romantic gondola ride. Is this true? And if so, how much $$ and is it worth it?

Thanks!!

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

The price used to be on the website, is it no longer?

You'll have to decide for yourself if riding through a mall or a fake canal being ogled by throngs of strangers is romantic or worth it.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

Unlike the wonderfully helpful Losvu, I'll provide you with the link to the webpage.... :-)

venetian.com/Las-Vegas-Activities/…

In my opinion anything that takes place in front of gawping and camera toting hordes of tourists can never be truly romantic. This is especially true of the indoor gondola ride in the mall. The outdoor ride isn't as bad but it's too hot for that at this time of year. By all means check it out and decide if you think it's worth the cost before actually doing it, but don't expect the most romantic experience known to man.... :-)

Edited: 12 August 2012, 02:45
Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

It's not romantic to take a gondola ride through a fancy shopping mall.

It's romantic to go to the fancy shopping mall and watch the suckers in the gondola.

It's also romantic to have a drink at THE Mix lounge as the sun sets.

Have a great trip.

Statesville, North...
Level Contributor
440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

Thank you for your honesty. We won't be wasting our time with that idea. ;-)

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

We enjoyed it on our last trip....they make it fun...I didnt mind the gawkers lol

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

IMHO ~ Go for it...it is a unique and enjoyable ride. Don't forget to tip the Gondolier, if you like his singing/performance!

Sydney
Level Contributor
630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

I wouldn't say it's romantic but it's certainly fun! And something that I think is a classic Vegas experience and that you wouldn't do elsewhere! I think it's worth doing once for fun

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

I know that it is expensive, but not nearly as pricy as when I've been in Venice.

I agree with the poster above who reminds that romance in a contrived setting isn't always romantic.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

We did it and enjoyed it. It's Vegas who cares if it is romantic or tacky or whatever. If you wanna do it go for it! I think it cost us $35 for us both and it was fun, tacky moreso than romantic but who cares. I've certainly wasted more money than that on stupider things and I'd do it again.

If it looks like fun to you and you can afford to do it then you should do it. Don't let the naysayers bring you down.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gondola rides at The Venetian? $$?

I thought it was great! I went with a friend so not romantic but it was something different! We did the indoor and outdoor one on separate days in the week. You get some lovely pictures taken which you can buy afterwards, they make lovely keepsakes.

When ur there, if you've got a few extra dollars and you feel like doing it why not? Don't rule it out yet, see when you get there. Its your holiday who cares about the people looking!