We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Signature MGM walking times.

North East England
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Signature MGM walking times.

Not a question but as this crops up lot I thought I would check whilst here. Walk from Tower 2 to rear of MGM/MGM pool area was 4 mins, from Tower 3 would only have added a couple of mins at most.

Walk from tower 3 to Strip via miracle mile shops is defo the quickest way, out onto Harmon towards strip and first crossing over to back entrance of PH Elara (stairs up near to parking garage on Audrie street, bring you out into Elara lobby) this means you can get to the strip if you want to go north via a nice easy air conditioned route.

Hope this helps anybody panicking about Signature proximity to the strip.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
680 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

We still found it tedious staying in Tower 3, after the first day. We were spoiled on past visits to other hotels and were used to just going down the elevators and having everything right there. :-) We'd consider Tower 1, if we stayed there again, as it is a very nice, peaceful property.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

I never found the walk to MGM a problem at all.

I also liked not having a tedious hike from registration to my room, makes for a nice check in experience (unlike a place like the Mirage where it felt like forever to get to our room once we checked in.)

East Sussex
Level Contributor
185 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

We stayed in tower 3 on our visit in June. The walk was not bad at all. We uses the back exit and went through MGM depending on where we were heading.

England
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

While the actual walking times are not excessive, the fact that you have to walk a distance for the reason you are in Vegas (eating/drinking/gambling etc) is a bit of a pain, especially for more than a couple of days. It is even more tiring when returning home after a night out.

As there is always a distance involved, we found that we had to plan our days out a bit more than for a normal Strip hotel - especially our shopping expeditions, so that I never ended up with extended arms by the end of the vacation!!

Nice place and great accommodation - shame about the location.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

I just don't get the issue with the length of the walk. I have stayed at the Sig at least 10 times, in all three towers. Any walk to anyplace was mere minutes. I don't see any difference at all. You walk so much in LV wht is the big deal? Rent a car, take a taxi, whatever!

Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

Just got back.....I think the not standing in a HUGE check in line and crowded lobby (Luxor, Bellagio, Mriage,etc.), not having to ever share an elevator (ok maybe a few times), and not have a gargantuan walk from my room to a crowded elevator makes up a little for the "walk" which I think is the most exaggerated thing on these forums.

Using the moving walkways and not standing, it was four minutes from tower 3 to the MGM entrance by the pools. Three minutes more and I was at a slot machine. A walk between towers doesn't even take a minute unless you are crawling. Any location on the strip, off the strip or in downtown is going to require walking. I guess if you never leave your home base, it would be a slight issue.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

agreed, searcyone.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
321 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

My last stay was at the Carriage House, across the street from Signature and the walk isn't bad at all. I've stayed high level at Monte Carlo before, the walk from your room to the Strip took longer than Carriage House to Strip or inside Miracle Mile.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

Also Blossom....the one bedroom suite was to die for. It was very hard to leave.

Thanks for the advice.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
8,355 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Signature MGM walking times.

yep, I love the 1 bedroom!