We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

Looking for the best hotel on the strip for a family with 2 children, including one extremely busy/active toddler, and a pre-teen.

Ideally, we need a 1-bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms, and the a great pool with a fun, but family-friendly (i.e. not spring-break adults-centered) vibe.

We will be traveling during the 2nd week of October. I expect the weather will be warm enough - hot?- for swimming during that time, right?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Las Vegas Club Crawl
15 Reviews
from US$39.99*
Special Offer
Las Vegas Night Tour of the Strip by...
142 Reviews
from US$39.99*
US$43.04
Las Vegas Strip Ultra Limousine Tour
24 Reviews
from US$199.99*
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

MGM Signature is child friendly - large one bedroom with full bathroom/half bath, kitchen, laundry. Away from the MGM however full access to the MGM pools.

We stayed several nights at MGM Sig 2 years ago with our 4 year old and it was a great location for us.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

"Ideally, we need a 1-bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms, and the a great pool with a fun, but family-friendly (i.e. not spring-break adults-centered) vibe. "

You understand, I hope, that Las Vegas is an adult playground where the main sellers are essentially: gambling, booze, sex, shows and food. You can find your Las VEgas, but you cannot block the remaining Las Vegas from you. It is omnipresent.

Regarding your question, if I were you, I'd check at the MGM Signature (http://www.signaturemgmgrand.com/suites/) where you can find a bedroom suites (don't know about bathrooms, though). This is a non-gambling, non smoking hotel and you can access the pool area of MGM Grand resort which is one of the largest in Las Vegas. However, the said pool area usually becomes party central early in the afternoon.

Mandalay Bay also has an amazing pool and they have a plethora of suites to meet your needs. You may need to call though as the website usually does not offere their largest suites.

On the more conservative side (but still with gambling, sex and alcohol...) you may to check Monte Carlo...

For off Strip resorts, I cannot really help you but others are much more knowledgeable

Mentioned in this post
The Strip
The Strip
27,383 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

Thank you for your suggestion.

My husband and I don't gamble generally, and tend to prefer modern, smoke-free, upscale hotels, and fine dining restaurants.

I am drawn to Palazzo, but don't think it is a good fit for the children. Am I correct? What about Wynn?

Based on my research, many families choose Trump. Can someone comment on Trump as well? We will not have a car, and our toddler hates her stroller. Sigh. Long walks may be an issue if we have to carry her often...

Thank you again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
398 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

We have done Vegas with our older child years ago - did the 1-bedroom at Mandalay Bay, and Venetian. She was older, and we had no issues taking her to fine dining, shows, pool, etc.

I have always felt bad for people dragging their small children in strollers to Vegas as I also believe that Vegas is an adults playground. However, we are those people for purposes of this trip. Hence, I intend to make the best of it.

I will research MGM Signature. Again, I am tempted to book Palazoo....

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

Trump is a 5 star non gambling non smoking hotel. Amazing luxury but the pool is a hole in the ground, and the hotel itself, while near the Strip, is far from central. They do provide a shuttle to Venetian, it that helps.

Wynn and Palazzo/Venetian are also 5 star properties (gaming and smoking, though) and will cater to your every need. The pools are great but it is Vegas and hords of young adults will be drinking and partying in the pools.

From what you wrote in your first post, the Signature would be your best bet, I say.

Mentioned in this post
The Strip
The Strip
27,383 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV
Edmonton
Level Contributor
357 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

The Signature at MGM is one of the better choices - the one bedroom has a large ensuite bath and a smaller bathroom with shower. It worked great when we travelled with our toddler.

Other options could be the Elara - which offers suites and is attached to Planet Hollywood. Vdara has suites but limited kitchens.

Wynn and Palazzo are nice hotels but don't offer the size and functionality of the suites listed above.

Trump may offer the options but yes it is a walk especially if the stroller is not liked.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

Honestly, if you feel that Palazzo meets your needs, go for it.

It is a great place.

As for having been to LV years ago, please keep in mind that the Las Vegas of today is very very very much party central - much (MUCH) more than 5 years ago, and that resorts are catering to this crowd of party animals.

Mentioned in this post
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

I like the Hilton Grand Vacation Club at the Flamingo. On our last trip we go a two bedroom / two bath condo there. It has a great center stip location and gets excellent review here on TripAdvisor too. It was right by the action, but a nice quiet oasis. I love having a condo on a family trip too.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45963-d217597-…

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

My first thought to was the HGV mentioned above. I have recently read many good trip reports where they stayed there. Your pricing might be more family friendly than Signature (?).

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel for 2 adults with 2 children (one toddler) ?

Sorry, but I have to ask - isn't there a relative you could leave your toddler with for this trip? I can't imagine that anything in Las Vegas, other than perhaps a kiddie pool, is going to make her happy. In fact, the constant sensory overstimulation of sights and sounds on the Strip will probably make her unhappy. And I can't imagine you enjoying your trip if you have to physically carry her everywhere you go.

Having said that, both MGM Signature and Vdara are non-gaming hotels that are better located than Trump. Signature would probably be less expensive.

Mentioned in this post
The Strip
The Strip
27,383 Reviews
Las Vegas, NV