We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four hotel choices

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
436 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Four hotel choices

Will be there in October. Have a car, so do not 'NEED' to be on the strip.

I have narrowed my choicet down to:

Golden Nugget, Monte Carlo yes I know it is on the strip), Orleans and South Point (may technically be on the strip).

Which of these would you prefer and which of these would you bypass and why.

Thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,641 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,129 Reviews
from US$142.99*
Special Offer
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
916 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four hotel choices

What are your main goals for this trip; gambling (stakes?), pool, eating, drinking, shows, peace and quiet vs partying, etc?

Is it your first visit or are you a repeat visitor?

Each of those 4 properties would be good for a certain type of visitor/trip.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four hotel choices

Personally, I would choose the strip because of the convenience factor. Even if you have a car, it is easier to walk the strip than drive it. So unless you have a specific reason for wanting to be off strip, there really isn't a reason for it.

They are all good hotels, but I would personally pick Monte Carlo. They also have a wave pool and lazy river in their pool area and a free tram to City Center and Bellagio.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
436 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four hotel choices

Minimal gambling. Will primarily be using it for sleeping, possibly the pool (don't know about October weather). If there is a good show at the hotel, we will see it. Most of the time we will spend on the strip after a drive, but normally just hanging out here a little while.

Have been to LV many times before. Did homework from TA and have stayed at Paris, Sams Town, MGM, Hilton vacation club near Circus Circus and a couple of chains.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four hotel choices

MonteCarlo

Boston
Level Contributor
24,656 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four hotel choices

" Golden Nugget, Monte Carlo yes I know it is on the strip), Orleans and South Point (may technically be on the strip)."

My first choice would be Monte.

Second would be the Nugget.

Would not consider South Point.

Orleans if you had no other choices.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four hotel choices

If you're spending most of your time on the Strip, it makes sense to stay there, no?

Depending on when you go in Oct, you may have some nice pool weather too.

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
558 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four hotel choices

I agree with DiceMan. Monte Carlo would be my first choice...excellent location compared to all other choices!

aurora, co
Level Contributor
5,245 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four hotel choices

Even though the Nugget has a nice pool I wouldn't stay there if I wasn't into gambling since there's not much else to do downtown. Though you have a car it makes sense to stay at MC if you'll be driving to the strip anyway. If you're going to do alot of offstrip stuff (Red Rock, Hoover dam, VOF, etc.) Orleans would work it's right off the highway. The pool at the Orleans is okay but the pool at MC is nicer.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four hotel choices

I'd stay at South Point and save myself the resort fees charged by Orleans and Monte Carlo.

Toledo, Ohio...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four hotel choices

South Point is a nice place...and just far enough away from the strip to get away from the hustle and bustle and just chill for the evening if that is what you are into. There are plenty of dining options at South Point and entertainment and it is not so far removed that a short drive wouldnt get you to all the fun of the strip.

We stayed next door at the Grandview back in May and we would hang out at South Point for the evening after a long day of sightseeing...we had a good time there.