We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car for Oct???

Wailuku, Hawaii
Level Contributor
855 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car for Oct???

I just tried to book my rental car for Oct and couldn't believe how high the prices are. I usually rent with Thrifty or Alamo but their prices are around $55 a day for mid size. I found $16 a day at Adventage, anybody every rent from them? Anyone know of any deals?? Should I wait and hope the come down? I will be there from Oct 3 - Oct 7. Thank for the help.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car for Oct???

I've used Advantage many times at LAS. New cars and no problems. They are at the rental center. They do not have kiosks for check-in like Alamo does. You can check-in online with your information but you still need to go to the counter.

$16 vs. $55 I would definitely use Advantage.

Oshkosh, Wi
Level Contributor
208 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car for Oct???

I think if you keep watching, prices fluctuate quite a bit. I'm booked with Dollar at a good rate for Oct 20-23, and keep watching to see if rate comes down and see rates jump around a lot. But I would lock in with Advantage so at least you have a fall back plan.

chicago
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car for Oct???

I booked a car through Costco got Budget Economy Car for $93.51 for four daysOct 21to 24.I booked the car 8/13. Yesterday I wanted to see what the price was for the car.The same car four days with Budget through Costco $252.06. I'm glad I booked it when i did.

Wailuku, Hawaii
Level Contributor
855 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car for Oct???

I just booked Advantage. But I will keep an eye out to see if the prices drop. Thanks

S S
Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car for Oct???

i have one for Oct 10-14 thru budget for $135 econo and one thru Dollar for about $109 (mystery car) (include taxes).

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car for Oct???

Exact dates matter. It doesn't matter what rate others get if it's not the exact dates as the OP is looking for.

I have a rental for a Monday thru Friday at $136. If I add Saturday the rate jumps to $260. Dates matter.

7. Re: Rental car for Oct???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 August 2012, 19:05
Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car for Oct???

hawkeyetough8...

Did you have any codes for AD... They have a slot to enter codes but did not find any.

Advantage does seem to have slightly better rate for my time slot and I don't see any apparent down side >

Thanks,

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car for Oct???

ADVAN in the CDP Number box should get you a couple bucks per day off.

Dover, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,720 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental car for Oct???

hawkeyetough88

Thanks again.

Took off a few bucks - Canceled and rebooked ( both with Advantage). There was a second box for a code that I left blank, but it still seemed to work

If you get any other words of wisdom, Please Post -

This will be my first Renting WIth Advantage - Hope all goes well. - Will be arriving on a Saturday morning .

Edited: 26 August 2012, 21:27