We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio Fountains questions

Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bellagio Fountains questions

Looking to get some good photos of the fountains at night, as this is my first visit to LV, and have a couple of questions.

1. What are the crowds like at night (midweek), is it very busy?

2. Will I have enough space to set up my tripod and SLR without getting knocked and causing camera shake?

3. Where is the best viewpoint for photos, e.g. straight on, off to the side, etc.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

1. Crowds come and go. It starts to get busier on the sidewalk 5 minutes or so before each show.

2. Sure. Lots of people set up cameras. It's pretty civilized - not a mosh pit! People will respect your space.

3. Best viewpoint for me is from a Lakeview room or suite at Bellagio as you're looking down on the fountains. I'll let the keen photographers guide you in terms of the best public spots. There always seems to be people setting up photographic equipment on the crosswalk across the Strip at the north end of Bellagio.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 21:21
South Pole
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

One of my favorite spots is up the ramp to the left side (as you look at the hotel). You will be behind the fountains with the Eiffel tower in the background of your shot. Makes for a great photo.

Bob

Edited: 28 August 2012, 01:20
Westampton, New...
Level Contributor
709 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

I got some great shots from the Eifel Tower but not sure they will let you set up your camera up there.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
763 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

What time does the light show start?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

SHOW TIMES:

Monday - Friday

3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

show every 1/2 hour

7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

show every 15 minutes

Saturdays, Sundays* and Holidays

12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

show every 1/2 hour

7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.

show every 15 minutes

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

I also have become very fond of the view from the backside facing towards Paris/ET. I went out to the end of valet drop-off & took pics from there. Although you can go lower down via a walkway too.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,900 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

I agree with dopplerbob, but I walked down from the taxi queue at Bellagio. just walk on down the ramp/sidewalk and you will find some great spots. It can get a bit pushy, but usually not too bad, especially if the people see the tripod/camera set up.

Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

Thanks guys for all the tips, think I will be trying all the spots mentioned.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
203 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

My favourite version is "Time to Say Goodbye" with Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman. It's really fantastic!

Edited: 28 August 2012, 21:50
10. Re: Bellagio Fountains questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:18