We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Meredith, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Is it worth seeing and is it topless?

Fl
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

I thought it was the worse show I have ever seen in Las Vegas.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

It doesn't get a lot of love here but my husband and I liked it. You have to go in knowing that it is campy and crude and not the typical acrobatic Cirque show. We thought it was hilarious and while the acts weren't of the caliber of most Cirque shows, they were still good. And there is some partial nudity in some of the acts, yes.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 22:29
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
646 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

the worst? really? come'on...

It was fun we thought. Had a few laughs and dont rergret going at all. It wouldnt be ,y first choice but it was still not bad. beter than peep show.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Yes it is worth seeing. Some topless, but certainly not the focus of the show (just the one commedienne I think).

Like most circ shows, the pre-show antics are funny.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
14,218 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Saw it with my wife. She liked it more than I did, but I thought it was unfunny, unsexy and borderline annoying. I hate shows with extended audience participation bits, even if they are setups.

I thought it lacked a lot of the CdS acrobatic beauty, but at the same time wasn't especially titillating. The men are better looking than the women, which might explain the difference of opinion between me and my wife...!

Not saying anyone else is "wrong," but we both enjoyed Peepshow much more, and my wife thought it was the most "sexy" of all the adult shows we'd seen.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
366 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

My fiancee and I liked it. Awesome acrobatics, hot guys, partial nudity, funny, and crude humor. It's a bit boring at the singing parts, but they made it up with more acrobatics.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Out of all the topless shows we have seen, it was both of our least favorite. We liked Peepshow the best. Seeing Fantasy in a few weeks and I'll review it then.

Indiana
Level Contributor
990 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Definitely the worst show I've seen in Vegas.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,640 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

Love it - it is the only CDS show in Vegas we would consider seeing again. But the reasons why may give you better insight as to whether you will like it as opposed to a general like/dislike poll.

1. We laughed a lot. We did not find the jokes offensive or crude, they just make fun of sex in a lot of ways, especially our (American) uptight attitude toward it. As a pervious poster said, its campy, and we like that type of humor.

2. Getting to see the bodies of the performers partially nude or topless allows you to see the amazing muscle control required to perform. As a healthcare provider, I find that more fascinating than watching the same stunts in gorgeous costumes.

3. We did not expect burlesque sexiness, and we did not get it. We did not expect Mystere/Ka-level acrobatics, and we did not get it. We expected a few laughs and a twist on traditional CDS performing art variety show, and we got it.

4. We like the improvisation of live audience-participation segments and this one had plenty. We were not seated in the "hot-spot" areas, but we still had plenty of brief interaction with the performers as they were coming through the aisles. I would not mind sitting closer and getting picked on in the future, though we purposely did not choose those seats the first time.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,526 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for feedback on Zumanity

"It was fun we thought. Had a few laughs and dont rergret going at all. It wouldnt be ,y first choice but it was still not bad."

I could have written this. I thought it was entertaining. Not like we were still talking about it 3 days later or anything. But it wasn't a total "bust" of a night either.