We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo FAB room

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flamingo FAB room

Booked a FAB room for next October 2013 through a travel agent. Are all the rooms updated now? Is it worth paying extra for a GO room?

Yes I know it's the Flamingo, we aren't too fussed, we're young and just want a cheap bed for the night.

In other news 395 days til VEGAS!!!!!!!! :D

Canada
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo FAB room

The FAB are the old deluxe rooms.

They took out the old stained carpet and replaced it with faux wood vinyl. They applied a coat of paint, updated the dressing around the windows, put in flat tv screens and left in the old furniture. About half of the mattresses were replaced and 100% by December 31.

There still are some old deluxe here and there, apparently, as they have not updated them all. By October 2013, all deluxe will be gone and the furniture will be even more beat up...

Many like the Go Room. They seem to be good if you're a couple - some pointed out that bathroom doors are translucid.

Edited: 30 August 2012, 18:17
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo FAB room

Just curious but why would you book any Vegas hotel 14 months in advance using a travel agent? Rates will almost certainly be lower for your dates closer to your trip than they are now. Will your travel agent be able to get them adjusted in your favor?

Edited: 30 August 2012, 18:32
london
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo FAB room

It's a multi centre trip, we got a good deal, I'm happy.

San Diego...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo FAB room

If you can afford it I recommend upgrading to the GO room. I have stayed in one of those and found it attractive and comfortable. I have never been in a FAB room so don't know how much they differ. Most reviews I have read say GO room is worth the extra $$ compared though..

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo FAB room

The problem with the FAB rooms is that their quality is uneven. They did a decent job upgrading the main room but pretty much left the bathrooms alone. Some are okay, some bathrooms could use an upgrade, too. If you're concerned, you could upgrade to a GO room. Just don't stay in the pet-friendly rooms. They have not been upgraded in the least have that ancient gold carpet and the worst beat up furniture.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo FAB room

Rates will be high now. FAB rooms are not Fabulous. Vinyl flooring like grandma had that looks like wood, and a new bed and tv. Bathroom 1988 and furniture 1989.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo FAB room

We stayed in a FAB Rom last year and are doing the same next month. We had a wonderful view of Caesars Palace. The room was great, no problems. No dirt, no smells. Do not be worrying at all.

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,260 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo FAB room

Are those the rooms that keep getting invaded by ants?

Palmer, Alaska
Level Contributor
297 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo FAB room

I think the fav rooms are fine, unless you are über picky! Wood floors, flat screen, big windows, what's not to like? You're probably not spending a lot of time there anyway, enjoy the savings & use it to treat yourself to great food & shows!! ;)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo FAB room

Do the rooms at Flamingo have a safe? Would it be large enough to hold an IPad? I haven't seen a reference to safes on any of the topic. I have a FAB room reserved this month. Thanks