We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Topic
Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

I might not get the choice but if I do...Augustus or Octavius Tower at Caesars?

First stay at Caesars. I know that the rooms are similar and that the Augustus Tower is closer to the strip exits. It also seems that Augustus has the best views if the right room is secured. But new is nice and the Octavius rooms look very smart.

What I am probably most concerned about is the trek to the room. Is Octavius a lot further than Augustus? When I thought about it I realised that we usually head back to the room together 3 times a day. On top of that I usually make a couple of solo ventures so I will be doing the strip to room walk 5 times a day! Am I likely to get sick of the walk to the Octavius Tower?

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

I am bumping this as my trip is 6 days away. :)

I am now booked into Octavius but still thinking of asking for Augustus for a good strip view and easier access to the strip by Bellagio. I would welcome any comments from those who have stayed in both room types. Which did you prefer and why?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

The strip/fountain view in the Augustus tower would be a much better view than anything in the Octavius. Both rooms are large and include similar amenities. I prefer the Augustus Tower for the view and convenience. (I have stayed in both)

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

The walk to the Octavius tower is considerably longer. After a few trips, I found it a bit annoying. The only saving grace was a psychological one: by the time I got to the Augustus Tower, it didn't seem too much farther to the Octavius Tower.

As for the views: some Octavius Tower rooms have decent views. My room had a view of the fountains, a bit of the Strip, and some mountains as well. Here are a few poor quality photos of some good views from room 6262:

…comcast.net/%7Eglazed8217/LasVegas_2012Sept…

As for the rooms themselves: Octavius Tower rooms are newer and shinier than those in the Augustus Tower, with a couple of slight improvements (e.g., improved darkness at night), and a couple of slight new annoyances (e.g., shower head can't be adjusted as low as one might like).

Lastly, a hint if you have a rental car. There's a separate valet on Flamingo Road for Augustus and Octavius Towers. However, the valet lot is far away, so it takes a while for the valets to get your car. They suggest that you call them before leaving your room, to save some time.

CT
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

I have stayed in both Augustus and Octavius Towers and prefer the Augustus because of the shorter walks. We just returned from a stay at Caesars and they gave us Octavius Tower (Sept.24-29) - room was beautiful, walk was ridiculous. Long walk to the elevators, get off the elevators, pass a dozen rooms on the long walk to our room - at least it burned off a few calories from the buffet. I did find that when I got off the elevators I found it a shorter trip if I used the walkway to the pool (buffet will be on one side, pool on the other), but that only works if you are planning on staying on property, it doesn't get you to the Strip exit any quicker. Next visit I'm asking to go back to the Augustus Tower.

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

Thanks. I'll try for an Augustus Tower room with a good fountain view.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

even when i did not get a fountain view in the augustus tower we have always been happy. we just like its location.

had host request fountain view again for next trip,but after 5 or 6 trips in same tower i am considering trying new tower if that option comes up, but except for my wifes ipad we dont have all the fancy gadgets,and dont care about the pool, its more about the view and the distance back to room when her heels finally say,enough already.

7. Re: Caesars - Augustus or Octavius Tower?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2013, 10:16