We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Hi:

Staying at the Rio for 5 nights in October, usually stay at the Flamingo, but trying something new. Which are the updated suites?

Are they in a particular tower? I've read the rooms are very outdated and don't want to be disappointed with "old outdated stuff"!

we are getting two rooms.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Choose the Impanema tower, last I heard they were the most recently updated. You can follow the link to my review from last year in the Impanema tower to see pictures of the room I was in.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g45963-d9167…

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

I actually had a room in the Ipanema Tower last October with a flat screen TV. Will be staying at the Rio for the 5th time at the end of this month. I love the larger rooms and the location is perfect if you have a car. Easy to get to and from the Strip from the Rio.

Clarksville, IN
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Well, I didn't get a flat screen TV last July :)

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

I have always asked for and received rooms in the Ipanema tower and never had a problem with them. Compared with Flamingo, you will love the extra space and the fact that the room comes with an actual fridge for your use.

Midland, TX
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

We've stayed in both towers. Some rooms are better than others in both towers. They are nice and large, have great big windows and little frigs. They are nice rooms generally. Have fun!

Walla Walla...
Level Contributor
340 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Be sure & take your own keurig pods if you're a coffee drinker. The gift shop also has pods for 99 cents. We had a flat sreen tv and the room in the Ipanema Tower was very quiet. Enjoy theextra room and the frig!!

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

Impanema was updated in 2007. They never got to the Masquerade (big) tower. Those are 1997 decor. Impanema upgraded rooms have flat screens and newer carpet.

8. Re: Rooms at the Rio, which are updated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:17