We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European pool ?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
European pool ?

Hi everyone,

Ive read a few things where they say a hotel has a European pool,

What does that mean ?

Thanks in advance x x

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: European pool ?

I guess it just means you can go topless but I think that would also mean no kids are allowed because god forbid they see a boob lol

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European pool ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm been to lots of european pools ( or pools within Europe lol ) never known kids be banned ?

Thanks though x

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European pool ?

Yes, it means women can go topless and children are not allowed. Some European pools in Vegas have a cover charge, sometimes it is only for males (ostensibly to keep out gawkers). I've only been to one, nobody was topless and that was just fine with me.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: European pool ?

I was at the one at Cesars, crikey, never saw so many wrinkly over tanned old ladies in my life.

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: European pool ?

We have been to Bare at the Mirage. Not a party pool but not a bunch of old ladies either. They have been known to "pay" hot girls to stay there by giving free food and drink. We liked the atmosphere but not the $100 f&b minimum per chair.

SE Mich
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: European pool ?

Encore and Wynn both have European pools. They are free to use by guests. Actually Encore guests can use the Wynn pool also, but Wynn guests can't use the Encore pools. Adults only, no kids. No charge for loungers. They do have daybeds in and around pool that do have a rental charge.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
1 post
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: European pool ?

Rio has a signs in the elevators that says Voo is "Eurpoean pool" and "no strings attached" with a picture of a girl that looks topless but the staff told us the "adult" area isn't topless. I came away with it that the definition of "European Pool" at least at the Rio is no children, loud ghetto music and blue cushions on the lounge chairs. Venetian and Wynn both have areas that aren't just a bunch of drunk college girls and party boys where normal women can feel free to be topless.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: European pool ?

It just means no kids and ladies may sunbathe topless if they want, although hardly any of them do in Vegas. It's referred to as 'European' because topless sunbathing is not the norm in the US but is completely unremarkable on European beaches. Even in 'anything goes' US beach resorts like South Beach, the vast majority of women keep their bikini tops on.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: European pool ?

I just stayed at Encore and the Euro pool is free to guests but you have to be 21 to get in. I saw like two topless sunbathers.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: European pool ?

Normadog - Clearly you've vacationed in Cuba. It's the topless wrinkly woman capital of the world!