We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

Hi all.

I'll be in Vegas for 4 nights between 6th January and 10th January, and I'm thinking of going for the lake view room at the Bellagio. The thing is, I think 4 nights will be a bit much there and I want to experience another hotel whilst I'm there, preferably one with a much better suite because for me the Bellagio is standard with an amazing view.

I'm thinking of one of the Grander suites at the MGM Grand because they look awesome and give a great view of the strip, but after reading the reviews it makes the MGM seem second rate. Is it really that bad? I've also looked at the Corner Suite at the Aria, looking for some opinions on this too.

Are there any other hotels with great suites anyone can recommend that would get me 2 nights for about $1000 during my stay? (I have factored into account that rooms will be much more expensive during the dates I am staying).

I'm also leaning towards staying in 2 different hotels to offset the cost a bit. 4 nights in the Bellagio (especially during the 8th and 9th) works out a bit too much, but a slightly cheaper suite during those dates might make it a bit cheaper.

Canton of Basel...
Level Contributor
96 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

I can only say that at the skylofts at MGM you won't be disappointed.. Most marvelous six days I have spent in a hotel ever... From pickup by maybach to registering to the butler, amazing....

If not a sky suite at aria, even though I preferred skylofts to aria...

Wish you all the best.... And strength for the wedding, not the married life. .. Married twice, exactly 365 days apart... The same girl though.... ;0)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,287 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

You might also want to look at the suite options at WynnEncore

http://www.wynnlasvegas.com/

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

Skylofts are $1800 the 8th & 9th. That is higher than normal, so obviously you will have a problem with those dates.

The Parlor Suite at Wynn would be my next suggestion, and if that is too high take a look at Cosmopolitan. Also instead of a fancy suite, you might consider a standard room at Mandarin Oriental. I promise you MO is memorable and would be appropriate.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,559 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

The terrace suite at MGM might suit

mgmgrand.com/hotel/skyline-terrace-suite.aspx

One of the terrace suites at Cosmo

cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/stay/rooms-and-suit…

Are you sure you want to be moving hotels with just a 4 night stay?

Leicester
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

Thanks for the replies so far. Thats what I love about this place, I got 4 very helpful replies within half hour!

I have weighed up the idea of moving hotels. I read somewhere that on the strip it isn't as bad as it seems. What do you guys think?

Also, I'm weary of getting the Bellagio Lakeview room because of them starting at level 4. Surely the view from here can't be too great?

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
488 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

I would second the Cosmo with a balcony and fountain view.

Not sure what you mean by this?

"I have weighed up the idea of moving hotels. I read somewhere that on the strip it isn't as bad as it seems. What do you guys think?"

If you're there for only 4 nights it's not worth swapping hotels. But if you do, just make the second hotel is the nicer one so you don't downgrade on the second half of your trip.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

We don't switch hotels on a 4 night stay, only if it is 5 nights or more. But I can certainly understand you wanting something special for your Honeymoon, and under those circumstances would consider it.

Our last special anniversary we spent 3 nights at Wynn followed by 2 nights in a Skyloft, and the switching of hotels did make it seem more special. We will do the same type of thing for our anniversary next year.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 18:15
ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

Switching hotels isn't as big a deal as it might seem. I'd go for it. Can't really help u re rooms, but maybe would look at Wynn or the suites in mirage to be on a different part of the strip.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,931 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

The ease/difficulty of switching depends on you. If you're traveling light and leave your suitcases packed, its not a big deal. You can do the TV checkout in one hotel, zip up your bags, drop them at the next hotel and go about your day. When you room's ready, check in and have the bell desk bring your bags up and you're off.

OTOH, if you pack heavier and put your stuff away in the bathroom and closets (like we tend to) then packing and unpacking it at least an hour each. Combine that with actually moving and checking in and you're wasting three or four hours and have a bunch of hassle.

Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon Hotel Help - Need to make it unforgettable!

My dream room is a fountain viwq terrace suite at the Cosmpolitan so that one gets my vote!

Edited: 05 September 2012, 19:16