We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

New York
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

I've been on this forum, on and off, for about 3 years and while I see posters and TR writers mention lots of restaurants, one restaurant that everyone seems to love is Mon Ami Gabi. I've been to Vegas 17 times, and never eaten there. Is it really that good?

It seems that more people mention eating breakfast there over dinner. Is the breakfast better? I want to add it to my next Vegas trip itinerary if it really is that great.

Thanks!

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

Dunno - we ate their for dinner - nothing special. People like to sit and people watch on the outdoor deck which is right on the strip - you cannot reserve the seats.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

The food is pretty average - it's perfectly nice but nothing remotely special compared with some of what is available in Vegas nowadays. And I certainly wouldn't make a point of going there if it was to eat inside. But outside, on the patio, it's fun. You have a great view of the Bellagio fountains, the sidewalk outside Paris, and the Strip. Personally, I prefer dinner as the fountains are better after dark, the fountain shows more frequent and the whole place generally more atmospheric. But I'm there for the location and the view, not the food.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

Before the MAG-lovers weigh in I will give my opinion. IMO MAG is a typical view restaurant. Decent but over-priced food, but an overall experience that many enjoy. The attraction is the outdoor dining with a view of the fountains, and this is what most think is so great. And they are entitled, after all atmosphere and view are part of the expereince.

Although many make it their "nice meal" of their trip, most do not classify MAG is fine dining, and that is OK because it's not their intention. As far as the cuisine goes, I would recommend Bouchon and Comme Ca over MAG for the same type of cuisine at the same or even slightly lower price.

NC
Level Contributor
2,498 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

It's fine, but nothing special. I've eaten there several times, but have never made it a destination.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

We had breakfast there yesterday morning, our first time there. Food was decent but hugely over priced. A lot on here have been raving about the breakfast food and while there was nothing "wrong" with it, it certainly wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

The terrace is nice so sit out on, which is why you are paying a premium. Also the service was good too.

Ve marked it off my to do list but probably won't visit again.

New York
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

Hey folks! Thanks for the honest opinions. I was expecting to see a bunch of posts raving about it, so it's good to know that maybe it isn't such a "must do" for us.

Interesting to see what the general concensus is.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

MAG is ok for breakfast if you like eggs and bacon. Their orange juice is freshly pressed.

For lunch and dinner the food is vastly overpriced.

As kt wrote, Bouchon is vastly superior and in the same price range.

Leicester, UK
Level Contributor
614 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

Yet to try dinner - next trip. Nice place for breakfast, on the patio. I do not understand the comments about high prices for breakfast. Portions are generous - French toast $11.95, waffles $10.95, omelette $11.95, coffee $3.95. All seems very reasonable.

It's always possible to eat cheaper but for the quality of the food, service ,location, I think it's very good value.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

I actually think mag is very reasonably priced for what you get. I love their breakfast and you can't beat the atmosphere of sitting outside right on the Strip. Their steaks are good and also reasonably priced. I think their most expensive one is about $40 and comes with fries where most places are completely ala carte.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's up with Mon Ami Gabi?

I have never eaten there because of the reviews but I also have no desire to eat on the Strip. Whenever I walk by the restaurant all I can think about is eating with the exhaust fumes and noise.

Am I missing something about eating outside?