We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

Visited on 1/31-2/4. Planned on staying all 4 nts at the Monte Carlo at a rate of $59/nt. Tried the $20 trick at the desk to get an upgrade, but was told an upgrade cost $40 for the Monaco Suite and $80 for the Spa Suite. Tried again, by saying ���is there any chance you can give me a better rate?��� Her response was to check with the manager, so I put my $20 away. I did get offered a Monaco Suite for only $30 more per night, so we got that. The room was nice and big with 1 full and 1 half bath. The mattress was a pillow top and was very comfortable!! The view was ok facing Bellagio and Paris but not high enough to see the fountain show. To all of those who commented that the plumbing is noisy, you were very right!! Constant sound of running water from the room next to and above us, and we could hear the elevator ���bing��� every time it stopped on the floor. Changed rooms but it wasn���t any better. Management said they couldn���t do anything else for us because all suites are located right off the elevator and have connecting doors to a standard room, so we checked out the next morning and went to the Venetian for the last 2 nights of our trip. Very nice room with large marble bathroom. Not as comfy of a bed, but loved the sunken living room. We didn���t get a great view but that was ok because it was completely quiet. Won some money at the Venetian on the Wheel of Fortune slots! Also ate at Noodle Asia ... yummy!

Saw KA and absolutely loved it! Mystere is still my favorite, but I liked KA better than O. We had great seats in the front row of Sec 203, which is right behind the main walkway into the theatre. Also had free tickets to Jubilee, which I thought was horrible. Glad I didn���t pay to see it! Also went to the Comedy Stop at the Trop and had a great time, as usual. I didn���t find any 2-for-1 coupons in the magazines, but did manage to find a $5 off coupon instead.

Rented a car one day and drove out to Valley of Fire. It was beautiful, and worth the hour trip out there.

All in all, it was another great trip to Vegas! Can���t wait to go back later this year. Thanks to everyone on the forum for all the great advice. It was very helpful!

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Why didn't you get the spa suite at the end of the hall or just a deluxe room, neither are near the elevator.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

thanks for coming back & posting your review! All reviews of recent visits are so helpful!

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Vegashomeboy,

according to several different front desk clerks, all suites including the spa suites are located directly off the elevator. i understand you work there, so must be i just got bad information several times. i did try to upgrade to the spa suite but was told it was also right off the elevator. maybe there weren't any available at the end of the hallway when i called.

A R
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
248 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report

Thanks so much for giving us a report of your trip!

LV

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report

Vegashomeboy,

I also didn't think that the noisy plumbing would be any quieter in a spa suite, so didn't feel it was worth the extra money.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report

iluvvegas, sorry you had such a bad experience. I am not sure but I think what you might of experienced was the only available suites are the ones next to elevators, they are the last to go. So I can only assume the others located elsewhere were occupied.

colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report

Where'd you get such a good rate at the Monte?

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report

I got my rate directly from MC's website. When I initially booked, the rates were higher but I watched their website daily and the rates kept coming down. I would just call the hotel and ask them if they could honor the new rates posted and they did without problem. Also, I didn't book a suite (which runs quite a bit more when booked online). Instead I just asked at the front desk when I arrived about upgrading.

Like I said, I'm sure it's hit or miss whether you get a nice/quiet room. Alot depends on the consideration of the others in the adjoining rooms. And unfortunately, the suites we were offered were all near the elevators. Maybe the better ones down the hall were booked by people who paid full price at the time of booking.