We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Drinks while waiting for check in line?

From what I'm reading I'll be expecting to wait in a check in line at Mandalay Bay since I'll be arriving at about 3:30-4 pm. I'm ok with that... Is there a place where I can get a drink/beer before getting in the line? Easy to access with small rolling suitcase, without leaving the loby area?

If not, I'll just be patient...

Thanks!

Safe travels.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

Of course, there are bars everywhere.

You know you dont have to check in right away if there is a line.

you can droo your bag at the bell desk and start the partying right then.

After a few hours come back and you will be the only one in line.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

So it is ok to get a drink at the Orchid Lounge and take it to the line? I want to get checked in and settled before I start gambling...

Thanks for your help!

Safe travels.

Cheektowaga
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

So it is ok to get a drink at the Orchid Lounge and take it to the line? I want to get checked in and settled before I start gambling...

Of course,get a drink anywhere and take it with you,even when you go outside

milwaukee
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

yep, i have seen tons of people do this, aspecially when the lines are long. if the lines are short, i wouldnt bother, but if the line is long then i definitly would.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

Nice. I'd forgotten that about Vegas! (It's been a long while since I was there...)

Consider my question answered quite well. Thank you!!!

Safe travels.

San Diego
Level Contributor
324 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

This goes back years but while waiting in the check-in line at the Stardust a cocktail waitress came by to take drink orders. I don't remember if the drinks were comped or not but I assume they were as everyone was a customer.

I haven't seen this at any other hotel but usually lines aren't that long.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

I've never see a waitress for the check in line, but I've never had to wait any significant amount of time, either.

You're probably flying in, right? The bellman will take your bags right from the cab and give you a ticket. You call down once you get to your room and they bring you your bags. If there's a line, hit the tables, get something to eat, or whatever. They will still have your bags even if its hours later. In Vegas hotel gift shops have beer, wine and liquor, too. So, you can find that before you get in line, if you do want to wait.

You can ask the bellman to point you to the nearest bar.

You could also ask the cab driver to stop along the way and grab a six pack or whatever, too.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

I drink at the check in desk every trip.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

MGM Properties dont tend to have the lines/delays a lot fo the CET props in my experience. If I were you and you dont want to waste ANYtime, when you valet and get the bellman, just have him check the baggage. If you are with a spouse/gf have them go to checkin and you grab a couple cocktails and then meet up while you wait. If you are Platinum or Gold @Mlife just go to preferred check in. They have never turned me away, even if they could have.

Santa Clarita...
Level Contributor
576 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Drinks while waiting for check in line?

At most I've stayed in line to wait to check in at MB is 10min. I can wait 10min to get a drink afterwards. lol.

If you cant, go to any bar and order from there and then head to the line. Simple as that.